Now TV Add-On?
Hi, I was wondering if this has been discussed before (Had a search but found nothing); has anyone looked at the possibility of having a Now TV add-on?

Now I'm no programmer, but would it work along the same lines as the Sky Go add-on? I think I would use this add-on constantly with the entertainment pass just to get Sky Atlantic.
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
Hi, creator of the skygo addon. I've had a quick look at the login page and it's very similar to skygo login so it would be possible in theory. I don't have a login for nowTV but if you want we can work together and should be able to get something together.
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi Syborg, I don't have a login either actually and was thinking of getting one if an addon existed or was in development. They have free trials available but then that puts a time limit on the project...
Living Room | Openelec | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Man Room | Windows 7 x64 | ASRock H77 Pro4-M MoBo | 8GB DDR RAM | Intel i5 Processor | Arctic
Roaming | iPad 2 | Re-Touched Skin
Storage | WD MyCloud 3TB
If you're a member of Quidco you can sign up and get £7 cashback for the TV pack which is £4.99 p/m.

http://www.quidco.com/now-tv/
Cool I'll have a look - in the near future my head is still pretty buried in the skygo addon. I've a few things I want to get sorted first before delving into something else!
Skygo Addons Repo
Repo - Skygo V2

SkyGo V2 Addon Forum
Hi syborg, do you reckon you've got time to work on this now? I've got a nowtv login so happy to help where needed!
hi nothing like resurrecting an old thread....

did this or any other now tv addons get created ? only i have been given a free account for a few months and id rather not have yet another settop box but instead id like to use my beloved kodi box.

eagerly awaiting a slap down

Smile
(2015-03-25, 21:16)maughanorama Wrote: hi nothing like resurrecting an old thread....

did this or any other now tv addons get created ? only i have been given a free account for a few months and id rather not have yet another settop box but instead id like to use my beloved kodi box.

eagerly awaiting a slap down

Smile

In this forum we actually prefer that you resurrect old threads if they deal specifically with what you are looking for. No idea about any Now TV addons (wow, is that ever difficult to search for), but you won't be getting the slap down for resurrecting the thread.
Hey,
I'm thinking about looking in to creating an addon for NowTV. I haven't signed up for the free trial yet, but from what I've read they use silverlight for the desktop version. But there is chromecast support, which could be an easy route for the streams - unless they are using widevine for the DRM.
I'm busy working on 4od and demand5 at the moment (which is Flash Access DRM), but NowTV sounds interesting... So it's next on my list :-)
(2015-04-02, 02:44)blxd Wrote: Hey,
I'm thinking about looking in to creating an addon for NowTV. I haven't signed up for the free trial yet, but from what I've read they use silverlight for the desktop version. But there is chromecast support, which could be an easy route for the streams - unless they are using widevine for the DRM.
I'm busy working on 4od and demand5 at the moment (which is Flash Access DRM), but NowTV sounds interesting... So it's next on my list :-)

Would love to see this addon - Now TV is a pretty decent cheap way of watching Sky TV in the UK. I use it mainly for The Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Blacklist, Flash etc...

Don't know the ramifications of this, but it does seem to use Silverlight (is this an issue for devs?). Doesn't Amazon Prime use Silverlight as well?

Anyway, would be great to see this added. And working 4OD and Demand 5 as well.

Cheers
This would be very good!! Along with Virgin TV anywhere lol
Just a small heads-up warning: There is an addon in development that is called "NOW TV" by bromix - but this for the german service RTL NOW, not what you are looking for - just to stop false hopes from rising Smile
Does anyone know if there is now a way to play now tv on kodi/pi? Thanks
(2014-03-25, 01:10)syborg Wrote: Hi, creator of the skygo addon. I've had a quick look at the login page and it's very similar to skygo login so it would be possible in theory. I don't have a login for nowTV but if you want we can work together and should be able to get something together.

hi i have a now tv account and would really like this addon if your still up to create it
Thread moved to addon requests, even if it is a 3-year necro...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Now TV Add-On?0