TV Shows not showing up suddenly
EDIT

Disregard, I found the issue.....

Hi all,

I just loaded XBMC (Frodo v2.2) and most of my TV Shows are now not showing up TV Show section (16 showed up but I have around 34) but when I loaded it a few hours before all of them showed up, nothing had been changed between then and now (minus updating SickBeard).

Here is the debug log - http://www.xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=157701

Somethings I've tried already:
- scanned for new content
- updated the library
- removed the video source for TV Shows and then added the source again - when I did this I saw XBMC scanning all the TV shows from the sources (D:\Media\TV Shows) for info from TVDB but when the scan finished I went to TV Shows and only the same 16 shows showed up. The scan checked all the directories under the main folder but again only 16 shows showed up once the scan was completed, the others were still missing even though they were included in the scan. I also check in Windows Explorer to make sure the files were all still there and the file names had not changed, files were still there and file names were still the same.

When I'm on the home screen and move over to TV Shows the info in the top left that displays how many TV Shows, episodes and unwatched episodes is correct.

Any ideas??

Thanks.
I too seem to have an issue.

Clean setup, Windows 8 x64, xbmc 13 b2

Seems that the tvdb scraper is not working, initial scan picks up only the items with NFO files and skips the rest. Rescan does nothing. Manually add NFO and stiff won't pickup, change the scraper to local and works perfectly.
(2014-03-25, 09:27)eangulus2 Wrote: I too seem to have an issue.

Seems that the tvdb scraper is not working, initial scan picks up only the items with NFO files and skips the rest. Rescan does nothing. Manually add NFO and stiff won't pickup, change the scraper to local and works perfectly.

My issue was user error.... Smile

Are you using any other program to create the NFO files?
Had same issue as eangulus2 with new tv episodes not adding with gotham betas, only the ones backed up with local folder nfo's would show up. Went back to a pre gotham nightly to get them added.
(2014-03-25, 14:23)TBar12 Wrote:
(2014-03-25, 09:27)eangulus2 Wrote: I too seem to have an issue.

My issue was user error.... Smile

Are you using any other program to create the NFO files?

Would be great if it is user error, easy to fix then.

I do use EMM for creating the movie and tv show thumbs, fanart and NFO and have been for many years.

For reference it seems Movies are working fine. I get new movie, scrape with EMM and XBMC picks it up.

For TV, I get new episode, do nothing, XBMC (with TVDB as scraper) doesn't see it. I add NFO and thumbs with EMM, and XBMC (with tvdb as scraper) still doesn't see it. I change scraper to Local Only, and viola, all works perfectly.

To me it seems that the TVDB scraper is broken in XBMC 13 B2
Just did some more tests with some new TV episodes.

Currently have XBMC 13 Nightly 24/03 running on Windows 8.1 x64

TV Folder set to scrap using TVDB.

New files in place no local NFO or thumbs.
Scanned library. No new episodes.
Navigated to the file, it shows and plays. Hit info, no information.
Went back to EMM and scraped episodes.
Did a library scan again, still no new episodes.
Went to file again and hit info, this time showing data from NFO.
Library now shows the new episode.

On one file I hit info and refresh (in XBMC). Selected to download from internet. No info, no new episode in Library.
Hit info on file and refresh again, this time collecting local NFO information.
New episode now shows in Library.

All of the above indicates something is wrong with the TVDB scraper. Even on a clean scan, only episodes that get scraped with tvdb set are the ones with local NFO files.

Very annoying at the moment as for some time now I have had the whole system automated (sickbeard, couchpotato etc.) and for now it seems I have to run EMM to get NFO then hit info on each new episode I get to make it show in the library.
Heres a log.

Code:
18:10:51 T:19692  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Starting scan ..
18:10:51 T:19692   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanStarted from xbmc
18:10:51 T:19692   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanStarted
18:10:51 T:19692   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match smb://SERVER/STORAGE/MEDIA/VIDEO/TVSHOWS/Through the Wormhole/Season 05/Through the Wormhole - S05E01 - Is God an Alien Concept.mkv (s5e1) [s([0-9]+)[ ._-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
18:10:51 T:19692   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: Found episode match smb://SERVER/STORAGE/MEDIA/VIDEO/TVSHOWS/Through the Wormhole/Season 05/Through the Wormhole - S05E02 - Is Luck Real.mkv (s5e2) [s([0-9]+)[ ._-]*e([0-9]+(?:(?:[a-i]|\.[1-9])(?![0-9]))?)([^\\/]*)$]
18:10:51 T:19692   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeId (smb://SERVER/STORAGE/MEDIA/VIDEO/TVSHOWS/Through the Wormhole/Season 05/Through the Wormhole - S05E01 - Is God an Alien Concept.mkv), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=397
18:10:51 T:19692   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::GetEpisodeId (smb://SERVER/STORAGE/MEDIA/VIDEO/TVSHOWS/Through the Wormhole/Season 05/Through the Wormhole - S05E02 - Is Luck Real.mkv), query = select idEpisode from episode where idFile=1755
18:10:51 T:19692   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No NFO file found. Using title search for 'smb://SERVER/STORAGE/MEDIA/VIDEO/TVSHOWS/Through the Wormhole/Season 05/Through the Wormhole - S05E02 - Is Luck Real.mkv'
18:10:51 T:19692   ERROR: VideoInfoScanner: Asked to lookup episode smb://SERVER/STORAGE/MEDIA/VIDEO/TVSHOWS/Through the Wormhole/Season 05/Through the Wormhole - S05E02 - Is Luck Real.mkv online, but we have no episode guide. Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place.
18:10:51 T:19692  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:00
18:10:51 T:19692   DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnScanFinished from xbmc
18:10:51 T:19692   DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 16, from xbmc, message OnScanFinished
18:10:51 T:19692   DEBUG: Thread VideoInfoScanner 19692 terminating
18:10:51 T:21144   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (smb://SERVER/STORAGE/MEDIA/VIDEO/TVSHOWS/Through the Wormhole/)
18:10:51 T:21144   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [smb://SERVER/STORAGE/MEDIA/VIDEO/TVSHOWS/Through the Wormhole/]
18:10:51 T:21144   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 7 ms for 0 items query: SELECT * FROM tvshowview  WHERE c17=54
18:10:51 T:21004  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
18:10:51 T:21144   DEBUG: ------ Window Deinit (DialogExtendedProgressBar.xml) ------
18:10:51 T:21004   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 21004 terminating
18:10:54 T:21144   DEBUG: Keyboard: scancode: 0x0e, sym: 0x0008, unicode: 0x0008, modifier: 0x0
18:10:54 T:21144   DEBUG: CApplication::OnKey: backspace (0xf008) pressed, action is Back
18:10:54 T:21144   DEBUG: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory (smb://SERVER/STORAGE/MEDIA/VIDEO/TVSHOWS/)
18:10:54 T:21144   DEBUG:   ParentPath = [sources://video/]
18:10:54 T:21144   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 12 ms for 41 items query: SELECT * FROM tvshowview  WHERE c17=1
18:10:54 T:7556  NOTICE: Thread BackgroundLoader start, auto delete: false
18:10:54 T:7556   DEBUG: Thread BackgroundLoader 7556 terminating

Just for reference, episode 1 is in the Library but has local NFO, Episode 2 (Through the Wormhole - S05E02 - Is Luck Real.mkv) does not have a local NFO and regardless of scraping, it doesn't come up in library.
(2014-03-25, 04:02)TBar12 Wrote: EDIT

Care to share? Or is it a secret?
(2014-03-26, 09:45)eangulus2 Wrote:
(2014-03-25, 04:02)TBar12 Wrote: EDIT

Care to share? Or is it a secret?

Sure I will share..on the quick navigate menu under TV Shows the filter got changed from All Shows to Watched, so only the shows that had all the episodes flagged as watched showed up....I guess that is what I get for moving around to quickly....

(2014-03-26, 08:56)eangulus2 Wrote: Just did some more tests with some new TV episodes.

Currently have XBMC 13 Nightly 24/03 running on Windows 8.1 x64

TV Folder set to scrap using TVDB.

New files in place no local NFO or thumbs.
Scanned library. No new episodes.
Navigated to the file, it shows and plays. Hit info, no information.
Went back to EMM and scraped episodes.
Did a library scan again, still no new episodes.
Went to file again and hit info, this time showing data from NFO.
Library now shows the new episode.

On one file I hit info and refresh (in XBMC). Selected to download from internet. No info, no new episode in Library.
Hit info on file and refresh again, this time collecting local NFO information.
New episode now shows in Library.

All of the above indicates something is wrong with the TVDB scraper. Even on a clean scan, only episodes that get scraped with tvdb set are the ones with local NFO files.

Very annoying at the moment as for some time now I have had the whole system automated (sickbeard, couchpotato etc.) and for now it seems I have to run EMM to get NFO then hit info on each new episode I get to make it show in the library.

I'm not sure what EMM is, but I have Sickbeard create the NFO files for me automatically and I do not have any issues as SB and XBMC both use the TVDB scraper. Are you using SB to create the NFO's? If not, try that.
Tried having SB create NFO's and still same issue.

Mine is showing all items including unwatched, just doesn't scan in anything. And if it has an NFO I have to manually go to that file and hit info for it to show in the library.

PS: EMM = EmberMediaManager
(2014-03-27, 03:11)eangulus2 Wrote: Tried having SB create NFO's and still same issue.

Mine is showing all items including unwatched, just doesn't scan in anything. And if it has an NFO I have to manually go to that file and hit info for it to show in the library.

PS: EMM = EmberMediaManager

You mentioned that you "change the scraper to local and works perfectly", are you just able to use the local scrapper to resolve the issue? Have you tried running the latest version of Frodo? Same issue?
Not too sure what you mean by solve the issue. If I run Local NFO Scraper in XBMC, then it solves scanning the library, but doesn't solve the fact I will from then on have to manually scrape with EMM to get those NFO's in the first place.

I have tried Frodo, same problem.

Only thing I really would like to try (and finally confirm where the bug is) is the previous version of theTVDB scraper plugin. frodo auto downloaded the newest version on first run, if I can replace it with the previous version then we can finally say if its a scraper or xbmc issue.
(2014-03-27, 17:50)eangulus2 Wrote: Not too sure what you mean by solve the issue. If I run Local NFO Scraper in XBMC, then it solves scanning the library, but doesn't solve the fact I will from then on have to manually scrape with EMM to get those NFO's in the first place.

I have tried Frodo, same problem.

Only thing I really would like to try (and finally confirm where the bug is) is the previous version of theTVDB scraper plugin. frodo auto downloaded the newest version on first run, if I can replace it with the previous version then we can finally say if its a scraper or xbmc issue.

Hope that works for you, if not hopefully someone else with more experience can help you out.
I wish I knew how to get a developers attention to this.

Just tried a few more things (trying to narrow down the problem).

I found an older version of The TVDB Scraper, (current version is 1.5.6, found 1.5.4). No fix.

Incase something was weird on my SAMBA setup, I moved some videos to a new directory on same SAMBA, no fix.

Move said files to the local Windows machine, still no fix.

Please can I get some help from a dev or at least someone that knows a bit more than me to help try and solve this issue.
Did you "Check your tvshow.nfo and make sure the <episodeguide> tag is in place." as the log message suggests?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Shows not showing up suddenly1