Req Random Episode Picker for TV Shows
I have lots of different TV Shows on my XBMC set up and I was wondering is there an add-on that when I select a TV show, at the next menu which shows all the seasons there is a button that would just play a random episode from any season, alternatively if you select a specific season then at the top there is a button that would randomly select an episode from within that season.

If there isn't one available, would this be created using a Python script or plugin? I am fairly good with Python (and always looking for new challenges), so I would be interested in trying to make one. If some one could point me in the right direction to get started, I will try my best at it.

However, if it already exists would someone just tell me where to get it.

Thanks!
There are already several XBMC Addons, Python based scripts and plugins, that does what you want or at least close to it.

Checkout other discussion thread here which lists most of them http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185479

Suggest that you pick an existing addon for XBMC that does close to what you want and then help the author improve it.
This will solve your problem: Play any episode you want and then hit enter on your keyboard. A menu on the bottom of the screen will appear. select the random option, press enter and it will add a small dot to the icon (It means its activated). Now, select a show (the whole show) then open the menu with the options to play, add to favorite etc. select play and it will play an episode randomly. Every time you skip that episode it will play another random one. Simple as that, no need for addons.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Random Episode Picker for TV Shows0