How many Betas?
Is there a limit to how many beta's a created or are there as many beta's as it takes until it's deemed ready?

Thanks,
JOe K.
Frodo Win 8 Pro x64
Fractal Design Node 605 (looks amazing)
i5 3570K, Asus P8Z77V LK
2x80GB Intel 320 SSD, 4TB NAS
GTX 670x2 SLI, 16GB GSkill Ares
Onkyo RC360 with Paradigm piece-by-piece 5.1 build
Nyxboard and AHK full controlled via XBox Controller
nope (well not that I have seen in the past) it will roll into RC after beta's and there are usually a couple of them too, before final.
Betas this time will be a semi-regular occurrence, and when we think we're close we'll have a "release canidate", and really push for people to find crash and burn bugs as a final shakedown. Sometimes it takes a few shakedowns. It's all up to our release managers and the nature of the bugs found.
There has been, 12 alphas, 3 betas, 3 release candidates historically before final release and then 3 point releases for Frodo, previous xbmc versions had maybe 1 point release max 2, Frodo had 4 versions 12.0, 12.1, 12.2 and 12.3 iirc.

What will be idk, but I would expect something along these lines.
one beta for every post in this thread... Smile
so 6 to here... Wink, meaning then that the more you ask the longer it will take haha
Are you sure it won't be seven?
I am liking the Gotham beta on my phone so far.
I hope it's not the placebo effect but Gotham seems to have made xbmc more responsive than ever. Especially when playing videos over the network.
(2014-03-26, 16:30)davilla Wrote: one beta for every post in this thread... Smile

We love betas.

Give us more :-)
Actually I thinks alphas are the pack leaders.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How many Betas?0