MCE remote usability suggestions
Hi All,

i'm a long time mediaportal user and when i found out xbmc can now connect to the MP TV server, i decided to give it a try. I must say I am completely blown away by XBMC. Kudos and thanks to everyone who works on this project... In about 1 hr, I was able to set up everything I wanted (music, movie, video libraries, fanart, cd covers, etc.) whereas the same thing took over a week on and off to get perfect in mediaportal. So impressed at how everything works out of the box!

one thing that I found doesn't work perfectly out of the box is the MCE remote. For example, when using live TV, the arrow buttons change channels instead of skipping time like any other video. This is confusing since there is already a channel change button on every MCE remote AFAIK. Seems to be a duplicate button functionality...

Am I missing something that would help with MCE remote customization without fiddling with the keyboard.xml file? I am already using the MCERemote add-on, but need further customization that seems to only be possible with xml editing... Also, i found that the MCERemote settings seem to alter the remote buttons globally across Windows so that it breaks the functionality of the remote when used with other programs

thanks!
I believe they designed the remote functionality to work with the most minimalist remote possible so they weren't able to assume channel keys would be available. You can probably find specific remote config files that are more appropriate for an individual remote (MCE in this case) on the forums. If not I know they have add-ons specifically for that remote. Worst case you can always dig into the config file yourself. It is fairly well documented here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote usability suggestions0