help - newbs first htpc....6 rooms!!
hey guys i want to thanks everyone and apologize in advance for the inevitable pitfalls of such a request. I hope I've communicated everything clearly and am looking forward to some input. On to it...

I am planning my household theater, which consists of 7 rooms or areas...

familyroom1
familyroom2
den
porch1
porch2
bedroom1
bedroom2

I already have a media storage pc that will serve as a NAS.

den
My will serve as my traditional htpc but this is where I'm having questions. If I already have a NAS do I really need a traditional htpc? My only aim for this device is for it to serve as a higher quality media player that accesses my NAS. It will not be ripping/encoding/downloading/etc, just interacting with a remote and playing files. Regardless, this will be the bigger/badder build of the pcs. It will service a larger tv and higher tier audio system.

bedroom1 and bedroom2
Will use simple setups capable of interacting with remotes, playing 1080p.

porch1 and porch2
These setups will be complex and unique. Each system will have 2 displays, not necessarily unique but I'd like them to be. otherwise simple setups, capable of interacting with remotes, playing 1080p.

familyroom1 & 2
This setup(s?) will require 3 displays, 2 unique, ideally 3. This room will require at least 2, ideally 3 audio sources. PC otherwise only needs to be able to interact with remotes and play 1080p.

As I currently understand it, xbmc can help me accomplish all of this and I can even sync displays and volume feeds amongst rooms. Am I correctly understanding things thus far? Pitfalls/concerns/suggestions?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help - newbs first htpc....6 rooms!!0