Linux NVIDIA Jetson TK1 first Tegra K1 a Supercomputer for xbmc ?
(2014-09-15, 21:06)xbmcreallyrocks Wrote: FWIW, I decided against the TK1 in favor of a fanless Gigabyte Brix 2807 and it makes a fantastic HTPC.

That is VERY reasonably priced. The motherboard and power supply that come with it are about the same price as the whole unit.

I really like the TK1, but I haven't been able to get it to do Amazon Prime Music without stuttering. I'm hoping either the Android build or enhancements to the L4t build will make that work at some point. If not I may consider the Gigabyte, or add a Fire TV box once they add Prime Music to it.

It would be cool to have a Prime Music plugin for XBMC, but I bet there would DRM hassles getting it to work.
(2014-09-23, 01:25)barleyguy Wrote:
(2014-09-15, 21:06)xbmcreallyrocks Wrote: FWIW, I decided against the TK1 in favor of a fanless Gigabyte Brix 2807 and it makes a fantastic HTPC.

That is VERY reasonably priced. The motherboard and power supply that come with it are about the same price as the whole unit.

I really like the TK1, but I haven't been able to get it to do Amazon Prime Music without stuttering. I'm hoping either the Android build or enhancements to the L4t build will make that work at some point. If not I may consider the Gigabyte, or add a Fire TV box once they add Prime Music to it.

It would be cool to have a Prime Music plugin for XBMC, but I bet there would DRM hassles getting it to work.

If you have not seen, Android is now working great on the Jetson. Here

Just released yesterday; working great for me so far.
I'm currently using XBMC on an Acer R1600, which is a nettop with an Atom processor and Nvidia's Ion graphics. Since the Ion drivers don't support 10-bit color video I can't play 1080p content because it has to use my CPU for decoding which the Atom processor can't handle. Will the Jetson handle 10-bit color?
(2014-09-23, 01:25)barleyguy Wrote:

I agree. The brix makes an outstanding htpc.
Exclusive 50% Off: NVIDIA Jetson TK1 DevKit — for Just $99

Quote:To take advantage of this special offer just go to the NVIDIA store and order your NVIDIA Jetson TK1 developer kit. At checkout, use this promo code: MAKEJTK1.
Big Grin

There is a kodi version for NVIDIA Jetson TK1 ? Huh
LG OLED 55E8 - M9702(oppo 203) -  Dinobot U5PVR(Enigma 2) - Meccol KI pro(COREelec) - Sony PS5
AndroidPremiumPlayer blog - HI - Frequency Switcher 
(2015-11-08, 18:03)looun Wrote: Exclusive 50% Off: NVIDIA Jetson TK1 DevKit — for Just $99

Quote:To take advantage of this special offer just go to the NVIDIA store and order your NVIDIA Jetson TK1 developer kit. At checkout, use this promo code: MAKEJTK1.
Big Grin

That deal appears to be for shipping to US only too. AIUI there are some Kodi builds knocking around - but Jetson doesn't seem to have massively taken off as a dev board, and there is no news on an X1 version to take the latest SoC that is also used in the nVidia Shield.
(2015-11-08, 18:03)looun Wrote: Exclusive 50% Off: NVIDIA Jetson TK1 DevKit — for Just $99

Big Grin

Damn that's a good price.. Now I'm gonna have to go back through this thread and see how it is with Kodi.

nvidia just announced the TX1. Sounds like it is an updated or more powerful version than what is in the Nvidia Shield console.

http://www.engadget.com/2015/11/10/nvidia-jetson-tx1/
$599 for the development board? It's going to need to be a LOT more powerful than the $99 TK1 board...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NVIDIA Jetson TK1 first Tegra K1 a Supercomputer for xbmc ?1