[FEATURE REQUEST] SQL Shares Should Include Sources
Hi All,

I think it is really strange that if you have a SQL setup that the sources are set per machine instead of shared. I recently lost a hard drive on one machine and forgot that the sources were only set on the single machine so when I was updating it wasn't actually updating anything -- despite playing all the original stuff.

So the request is that sources should be shared and included in the SQL db.

Thanks!
You mean a MySQL setup? Those include source paths stored in the video DB, and should still continue to update the DB, even though it the "sources" will be missing from the GUI.
Then I suppose the request is just that the GUI should show what is stored in the db - and it should be shown on every machine that uses the db
(2014-03-26, 15:30)jrubenol Wrote: Then I suppose the request is just that the GUI should show what is stored in the db - and it should be shown on every machine that uses the db

Yes, +100! This has my full moral support (moral because I don't know how to program ;) )

XBMC currently does sources in a weird way. What is shown in file sources isn't always what is used for library sources, and it's easy for them to get out of "sync" or to sometimes get "phantom" sources. If the GUI could show what is used for the DB directly, then I think that would go a long way for making it easier to manage.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[FEATURE REQUEST] SQL Shares Should Include Sources1