Can a addon generate a popup with selectable items?
Is it possible for addon when a mapped key is hit to open up a popup to input new values for this addon not skin dependent?
I was looking for example's but couldn't find any.
I'm experimenting with some stuff to get more knowledge about Python and addons so i'm trying to play with this example posted in the past.
The idea is to open up a screen in any situation to reselect wanted timer, very simple in my opinion if XBMC allows me to open up screen from addon.
I'm not sure what you're asking about, but yes, you can launch an addon via a keypress and then use in that addon any user-interaction facilities provided by XBMC Python API: Dialogs, Python Control classes, Python XML classes.
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, language barrier.
Anyway you gave me the answer I wanted to know.

An example I could find is the shutdown menu in Confluence.
I want my addon to give me something like that with a keypress with addon actions in it.
Did I understand it correctly?

(2014-03-26, 16:11)schumi2004 Wrote: Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, language barrier.

I want my addon to give me something like that with a keypress with addon actions in it.

Yes, the simplest way to implement such menu is xbmcgui.Dialog().select() method: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...tml#Dialog
(2014-03-26, 16:59)Roman_V_M Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 16:11)schumi2004 Wrote: Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, language barrier.

Yes, the simplest way to implement such menu is xbmcgui.Dialog().select() method: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/docs/python-docs...tml#Dialog
Thanks Wink

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can a addon generate a popup with selectable items?0