Browse library from addon - change default action
Apologies if the subject is a bit confusing. I'll explain what I'm trying to do and, if someone has a better description, I'll change it!

I have a user job on my MythTV which automatically converts a video to a format my phone can play and then gets my phone to download it automatically (e.g. if I record Match of the Day in the evening, I wake up and it's on my phone ready for the commute). This works with a combination of Handbrake to do the converting and Tasker and AutoRemote on my Android phone to communicate with my HTPC.

I'd now like to use the same method to choose items from my film or TV show library to send items to my phone. Ideally I'd like to do this by starting the script and then just browse the library to select items to convert. Is this possible?

Alternatively, I thought about doing this via the context menu but I don't know if it's possible to add custom items to the context menu (I've tried searching for this before and never found a satisfactory description of this). However, my preference would be to avoid this route, as I'd like to have this as a script that other people could use without needing to modify skin files.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

el_P
BBC Live Football Scores: Football scores notifications service.
script.squeezeinfo: shows what's playing on your Logitech Media Server

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Browse library from addon - change default action0