iPad Retina mirroring ATV3 stuttering
Hi Guys!

I've installed XBMC on my iPad Retina. To watch content I use the Airplay Mirror function to my Apple TV 3.
However, when I try to stream the video starts to stutter. Even when I pauze and let XBMC buffer for a while.
Is this a known issue or are some settings wrong?

Here you csn find my debugginglog:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=158807

Hope that someone can help me with this.

Thnx in advance
Steve
The Netherlands
It's probably still too much for the iPad 3 to handle, since it's pushing the wifi twice, once to get the video and again to play it on the ATV3. I think the iPad 3 also had only one wifi antenna, which maxes the speed out much lower than the average wireless N speeds.
Okay, thanks Ned. Do you know if the problem occurs if using an iPad lightning hdmi adapter?
Depends on how compatible your wifi router is with the apple hardware. I am able to stream 1080p with an ipad mini retina via hdmi adapter (using an wifi router with ath9k chip).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-03-26, 12:40)gewoonsteve Wrote: Okay, thanks Ned. Do you know if the problem occurs if using an iPad lightning hdmi adapter?

If you are able to play video directly on the iPad without buffering, then the same will be true for the HDMI adapter.
(2014-03-26, 12:41)Memphiz Wrote: Depends on how compatible your wifi router is with the apple hardware. I am able to stream 1080p with an ipad mini retina via hdmi adapter (using an wifi router with ath9k chip).

Okay, My router is from Netgear type WNDR4000. I will look up if this is the problem.

(2014-03-26, 12:44)Ned Scott Wrote:
(2014-03-26, 12:40)gewoonsteve Wrote: Okay, thanks Ned. Do you know if the problem occurs if using an iPad lightning hdmi adapter?

If you are able to play video directly on the iPad without buffering, then the same will be true for the HDMI adapter.

This is possible. Buffering occurs sometime when using to much bandwidth but this is a normal proces Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
iPad Retina mirroring ATV3 stuttering0