Linux Nightly PPA Ubuntu & Libblurau BDJ support
Quick question, since I could not find it in the PPA dir, nor anywhere else (may be I missed something)

But in the Ubuntu NIghtly PPA it is still running on Libbluray 0.2.3. Ever since Libbluray has changed a lot.
Is it possible to upgrade the libbluray myself -> xbmc only accepts the ppa version atm.

And besides that, is this version BDJ enabled?

If above is impossible the only solution would be compile by hand I suppose?
You know, compile works, but if by bd-j support you mean the menus then not all types? are supported even though for v13 gotham quite a lot of improvements towards BD playback been done iirc.
Uni, I do not get your answer, so maybe I need to clarify my question better:

1. Is the PPA nightly compiled with a Libbluray which is BDJ enabled?
2. If 1 is negative the solution is to compile by hand I presume?
3. If 1 is positive then can I upgrade libbluray, and how because at this moment it is always going back to the version which is in the PPA -> 0.2.3?

Ow and yes I would like to test the latest changes in libbluray, certainly because of the latest additions.
ad 1.) trusty has libbluray 0.5.0, <= saucy has 2.3.1
so if you want to test the lastest state use trusty and install libbluray-bdj or backport the trusty packages to your dist and recompile xbmc
Ahh, I have Ubuntu 13.10, trusty is 14.04
Will see how to check. Thanks for clarifying
I've been using xbmcbuntu 14.04 with the nightly xbmc ppa and a ppa to add libbluray .6.1 and still I don't see menus, I don't think the xbmc nightlies are being built with the bdj flag, as libbluray-bdj isn't a dependency.
yeah, libbluray-bdj must be available at build time, which it isn't atm for ppa builds. iirc libbluray1 depended on it in the past, now its just a suggest.
Since I don't have a bluray drive here, I can't test if its enough to just depend on libbluray-bdj to make it work or if we also need some configure changes.
If you want to try, you can compile xbmc yourself. If it works, I'll just add the missing dependency to the ppa build.
I ran configure though i wasn't able to compile and it looks like it looks for an extra function and then enables bdj, however I have a newer version of libbluray installed from a ppa. from what I understand libbluray greatly improved from .5 the version included with trusty, and .6 the version I have
sudo apt-get build-dep xbmc
sudo apt-get install libxslt-dev
# here install that libbluray-bdj dev package
git clone https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc.git
cd xbmc
./bootstrap
./configure
make -j5
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I just checked, you shouldn't need to recompile, BD-J gets enabled automatically when a new enough libbluray is available. But I might have found a bug that causes it to never be enabled Wink Currently looking for a way to test it.
Thanks for looking into this,

As for the error I had building it had to do with some json utility not being built though i didn't build with j5
(2014-08-21, 09:52)wsnipex Wrote: I just checked, you shouldn't need to recompile, BD-J gets enabled automatically when a new enough libbluray is available. But I might have found a bug that causes it to never be enabled Wink Currently looking for a way to test it.

Did you find the bug?

I´m on XBMCbuntu 14RC3 and i´m wondering if bdj is enabled?
as I said above, just install libbluray-bdj
(2014-12-11, 11:49)wsnipex Wrote: as I said above, just install libbluray-bdj

Ok!

thx! Wink
It seems like it doesn´t make sense if i mount the iso or not on Kodibuntu...

I just see HDMV menus... no java at all

with mounted and without mounted isos....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Nightly PPA Ubuntu & Libblurau BDJ support0