• 7(current)
Release Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview
(2014-10-20, 07:46)hyde01 Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 22:40)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-09-19, 07:27)vamana Wrote: I'm trying to install Foscam HD in XBMC 13.2 but couldn't. It says "Add-on is incompatible or has been marked broken in repository. Dependencies not met. Please contact Add-on author"

Is there any extra setting I need to do?

thanks
This should be fixed now.

I have the same message in 12.1, is 13 required for this add-on?
I just downloaded the repo from your 1st post and tried to enabled the add-on but it's listed as Broken.
Yes 13 (Gotham) is required.
Leopold's Repository: Home of LibreELEC Dev Updater ...
(2014-10-20, 08:20)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-10-20, 07:46)hyde01 Wrote:
(2014-09-20, 22:40)Leopold Wrote: This should be fixed now.

I have the same message in 12.1, is 13 required for this add-on?
I just downloaded the repo from your 1st post and tried to enabled the add-on but it's listed as Broken.
Yes 13 (Gotham) is required.

Thank you for replying. I was holding out on updating since many add-ons are not still up to date with gotham.
Hi Leopold,

Foscam has released a new firmware V-2.x.1.116-20141020 for HD cameras, FI9821W V2, FI9818W V2, FI9821E,FI9831W, FI9826W, FI9821P, FI9831P, FI9826P, FI9805W, FI9804W, FI9805E, FI9828W.

http://www.foscam.com/down3.aspx

Had you the opportunity to check if it´s compatible with your Add-on?

Thanks a lot

Regards
(2014-10-21, 10:46)nickiman Wrote: Hi Leopold,

Foscam has released a new firmware V-2.x.1.116-20141020 for HD cameras, FI9821W V2, FI9818W V2, FI9821E,FI9831W, FI9826W, FI9821P, FI9831P, FI9826P, FI9805W, FI9804W, FI9805E, FI9828W.

http://www.foscam.com/down3.aspx

Had you the opportunity to check if it´s compatible with your Add-on?

Thanks a lot

Regards
The foscam website is down. If you have it downloaded can you put it on Dropbox?
(2014-10-21, 21:24)Leopold Wrote: The foscam website is down. If you have it downloaded can you put it on Dropbox?

Of course I attach you the link to download it:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3942...552592.zip

Regards
(2014-10-14, 22:58)Leopold Wrote: I still only have a FI9821W V2 so can only speak for that. I'm running the latest firmware (V-2.x.1.10_20140516) with a patch from Foscam applied to fix the audio.

All the FI98 models share the same API and rtsp URLs so should all work with this add-on. Hopefully others can reply with their actual experience of the other HD models. Does anyone use a FI9831W with this add-on?

Ok great I'll buy one and give it a shot, thanks!
Hi. I've installed your add on. It works good except its there's a big delay with it is this normal? All the other streams of it doesn't have a delay except with xbmc
(2014-11-05, 16:41)freddy12 Wrote: Hi. I've installed your add on. It works good except its there's a big delay with it is this normal? All the other streams of it doesn't have a delay except with xbmc
I haven't tried it myself but I'd be interested to know if putting this in advancedsettings.xml makes a difference.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
    <buffermode>3</buffermode>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

If you have a fast local network it may be ok for this addon, but streaming from the internet could be a problem if you don't have a fast connection.

Are you on the latest Foscam firmware? I haven't had a chance to check whether sound is working yet and would be interested to know if they have fixed what they broke in the previous release.
(2014-11-05, 17:08)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-11-05, 16:41)freddy12 Wrote: Hi. I've installed your add on. It works good except its there's a big delay with it is this normal? All the other streams of it doesn't have a delay except with xbmc
I haven't tried it myself but I'd be interested to know if putting this in advancedsettings.xml makes a difference.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

If you have a fast local network it may be ok for this addon, but streaming from the internet could be a problem if you don't have a fast connection.

Are you on the latest Foscam firmware? I haven't had a chance to check whether sound is working yet and would be interested to know if they have fixed what they broke in the previous release.

I tested this myself. The good news is that sound is working with this firmware, albeit at a low level as it always has been. The bad news is that the buffermode setting seems to have no effect on the lag. This lag must come from the camera side and varies between 6 and 8 seconds for me, when compared with the stream from the browser plugin. I'll ask on the Foscam forum about whether this can be reduced by modifying the firmware rtsp implementation.

I found that motion detection was not working after upgrading the firmware. This was because the schedule was zeroed out by the upgrade, so I had to set manually set it to "All" again using the web interface. I'll add an option for the add-on to automatically set the schedule to "All" when motion detection is enabled.
(2014-11-07, 09:17)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-11-05, 17:08)Leopold Wrote:

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

I tested this myself. The good news is that sound is working with this firmware, albeit at a low level as it always has been. The bad news is that the buffermode setting seems to have no effect on the lag. This lag must come from the camera side and varies between 6 and 8 seconds for me, when compared with the stream from the browser plugin. I'll ask on the Foscam forum about whether this can be reduced by modifying the firmware rtsp implementation.

I found that motion detection was not working after upgrading the firmware. This was because the schedule was zeroed out by the upgrade, so I had to set manually set it to "All" again using the web interface. I'll add an option for the add-on to automatically set the schedule to "All" when motion detection is enabled.

yeah i ended up trying the advance settings but as you said makes no difference, theirs a big lag on the movement of the camera aswell using a fi9821w v2
(2014-11-08, 08:07)freddy12 Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 09:17)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-11-05, 17:08)Leopold Wrote: I haven't tried it myself but I'd be interested to know if putting this in advancedsettings.xml makes a difference.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>

yeah i ended up trying the advance settings but as you said makes no difference, theirs a big lag on the movement of the camera aswell using a fi9821w v2
Actually there's no lag on the movement of the camera. The camera responds to the commands instantly, you just won't see the movement instantly because of the video lag.
(2014-11-09, 20:29)Leopold Wrote:
(2014-11-08, 08:07)freddy12 Wrote:
(2014-11-07, 09:17)Leopold Wrote: I tested this myself. The good news is that sound is working with this firmware, albeit at a low level as it always has been. The bad news is that the buffermode setting seems to have no effect on the lag. This lag must come from the camera side and varies between 6 and 8 seconds for me, when compared with the stream from the browser plugin. I'll ask on the Foscam forum about whether this can be reduced by modifying the firmware rtsp implementation.

Actually there's no lag on the movement of the camera. The camera responds to the commands instantly, you just won't see the movement instantly because of the video lag.

Makes sense. I didn't think about that, any luck with this mystery lag
Do you have cache on in xbmc advancedsettings.xml?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi Leo,

I am currently shopping for a baby monitor and was super excited when I read about your plugin until I got to the last couple of posts regarding the delay.

As you stated, the issue is not on the xbmc/addon side, it's in the RSTP on the server side (ie: the camera)

http://foscam.us/forum/high-def-performance-t8083.html

From the above link, the only solution is to access the stream directly and the fact that the sdk for the low level h.264 is not documented, I guess the only solution right now is to reverse engineer it.
I am not sure if this https://github.com/MStrecke/pyFosControl will be helpful.
(2014-11-10, 06:06)nickr Wrote: Do you have cache on in xbmc advancedsettings.xml?

Do you mean?
Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <network>
  </network>
</advancedsettings>
It made no appreciable difference. The lag seems to come from the camera itself.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Foscam HD - Video feed with camera controls, and motion/sound detection preview1