Music library to support releasetype Tag
Hey everyone I am not entirely sure that this is the right place to post, so if I am mistaken don't be mad and please move this thread. To the Point:
I must admit I am deeply unsatisfied by the way the "single support" has been implemented in XBMC. I simply don't see the Point of having all my Singles thrown under one common Label called Singles, instead of having them displayed under the respective Artist/author. So what I would like to have is a subcategory which Pops upo right after choosing the Artist which displays all of the releasetypes (there is a corresponding ID3 Tag available) used by files authored by the aforementioned Artist. That way it will also be possible to effectively prevent People not familiar with Album names to accidently play for instance the live version of a song when they really want the studio version.
The reason why I wasn't sure whether I was posting in the right forum is the following - I was wondering whether it would be too hard to apply the recquired modifications myself - I have some time right now and was planning on learning a programming language anyway. however I would need someone to point me into the right direction - which files will have to be altered? Where can I find more information about the architecture of XBMC?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music library to support releasetype Tag0