Where to Download Subtitles
I'm looking for a reliably place to download subtitles for a few of my videos. The past two days I was catching up on the 3rd season of game of thrones and when the non English speaking fictional languages (dothraki and valyrin) were spoken I didn't have any sub's on the screen. My videos did come with SRT files so I enabled subtitles and these files displayed sub's for both the English speaking and nonenglish speaking parts. I just want a place where I can download subtitles for the nonenglish speaking parts of my primarily English audio videos. Anyone know of a good site?
Same files... Just tell your player to only display Forced Subtitles. You will get the foreign languages but not the hearing impaired titles.
Can I do this in Gotham?
I fought with this for awhile and I found subscene.com was the best place. You might have to look at a couple versions of a specific movie to find the correct one. Rental or special edition movies are sometimes different lengths so the subs will appear at the wrong time.
You can then either re-encode the movie with that sub or have XBMC play this specific file when you play the movie. Just drop the sub where ever you want to easily search for it. XBMC has a browse option for adding a subtitle while playing.
For any movies that are a pain the butt because someone thinks that the option for only non-english includes all subtitles, you might have to manually edit the file and take all subs out that you don't want. You will then have to renumber each line. About the only other way is to use an SRT editor and create your own.
~ Ryzen 5 5600G APU | 16gig Corsair | Fractal Node 500 | Manjaro Linux | Gyration MC remote | 43" Visio

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where to Download Subtitles0