HOW TO Split the movie library in various fully working libraries [gotham]
One more question. In the home menu Movies, we have a submenu called last (last movies). Is this possible to add that in our library as well, on top of having actors, country, directors, title, studios, sets, genres xml files?

I checked in \userdata\library\video\ and we have this file here: recentlyaddedmovies.xml which contains:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="10" type="folder" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
  <label>20386</label>
  <icon>DefaultRecentlyAddedMovies.png</icon>
  <path>videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/</path>
</node>

On top of having 8 recent movies in the widgets for each home menu I have created, this could give me the possibility to see 25 recent movies added if I would have this option instead of just 8.

If it's possible how could I integrate it?
You can create an xml file in the folder like this:
Code:
<node order="10" type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
  <label>20386</label>
  <content>movies</content>
  <limit>10</limit>
  <rule field="playlist" operator="is">Anime</rule>
</node>

It's not exactly how recently added works but it's the similar you can get
You have to replace "Anime" with your playlist name. You can also change " <limit>10</limit>" to the number you want (for example 25/20/15)
I tried it but it does not give me the latest 25 movies I added.

I tried it for my Animated movies playlist (the name of my playlist is Anime) with this code:

Code:
  <label>20386</label>
  <limit>25</limit>
</node>

When I select Node in the type, I can see the new item Last movies added but all I get are the first 25 movies alphabetically sorted from my list of 160 animated movies. It does not show the last 25 items added at all. I think that this line was toggling the recently added movies in my previous post:
Code:
<path>videodb://recentlyaddedmovies/</path>

So do I achieve it with the last 25 recently added animated movies?
I forgot the sorting in my code. Here's the updated one:
Code:
  <label>20386</label>
  <limit>10</limit>
  <rule field="playlist" operator="is">Cartoni</rule>
  <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</node>

You can't filter in any way to get only the ones added to the latest scan. That behaviour is hardcoded in xbmc. This is the similar one you're gonna get (the latest x movies added in library of a playlist)
Sorry for the time I took to answer. I'm just recovering from a hard disk crash (C:\) and had to re-install everything...

I just wanted to let you know that your method fro the last 25 recently added movies works like a charm! Smile Thanks a lot for this.

I now have the possibility to see the last 25 recent movies that I added instead of only 8 I have in my widget. I use it for all by custom menus like Animated, Sports, Kids, etc by adding the code in the new created submenu "Recent".
You could also try this code:

Code:
<node order="13" type="filter" visible="Library.HasContent(Movies)">
  <label>Recently added kids movies</label>
  <match>all</match>
    <rule field="genre" operator="is">
        <value>Animation</value>
        <value>Children</value>
        <value>Family</value>
        <value>Kids</value>
    </rule>
    <rule field="dateadded" operator="inthelast">
        <value>180 days</value>
    </rule>
    <limit>25</limit>
    <order direction="descending">dateadded</order>
</node>

I have it (exactly as posted) in my system in \userdata\library\video, named as recentlyaddedkismovies.xml, and it works. I am using the same structure: "Recently Added" as a sub-menu in a custom "Kids Movies" main menu.

I think that what usually misses in a code is a condition <match> to be set to "all" and have a rule about "dateadded" with a value in a specific amount of days and have an order direction "descending".

It requires to modify a label and a node number to specific needs, and to modify values / remove some values under a "genre" section and have only "Anime", if you have "Anime" as a genre shown in your *.nfo files in your anime movies. (I usually modify *.nfo files for movies to have all genres as I need for my smartplaylists, video nodes, or sorting purposes). When all rules and parameters are correctly set, it should work as desired -- to populate only 25 recently (last) added anime movies to that sub-menu.

With this setting, the only way it will not populate 25 results is in a scenario when you did not add at least 25 new anime movies within the last 180 days. Then, you need to increase the value of days to work as intended.

Or there is aslo an option to replace my whole section with a rule for a genre with one used by the member:

Code:

however, I am not sure if the combination of a playlist with other rules, even if set to match "all" rules, will give you a required result.
This is absolutely fantastic and what I have been looking for a long time. Let me give it a try over the weekend.

If I understand this correctly, this will allow me to add two completely independent movie libraries to my main menu with full independent functionality (e.g., genre, year, etc.). Will this work in every skin and will just add the second library to the main menu screen?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
If the skin supports to add new entries to the main menu it works...
Oh, I got it. I think I understand what this is doing. This would still not allow to display recently added on the main menu screen? I don't mean as a sub-menu point, which I could actually do, but the posters and names as part of the screen? I assume this would be limited to the "real" original movie library and menu button?
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
(2014-08-09, 11:01)steve1977 Wrote: Oh, I got it. I think I understand what this is doing. This would still not allow to display recently added on the main menu screen? I don't mean as a sub-menu point, which I could actually do, but the posters and names as part of the screen? I assume this would be limited to the "real" original movie library and menu button?

not possible (yet) or without having extra smartplaylist.
Perhaps the recent addition to skinning engine allows such a thing.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=176864
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Step 3 misses description for openelec. Any chance to add this? Thanks in advance!
And one more question - trying to separate 2D and 3D as an initial step. if I understand it right, I will need to "kill" the original "movies" to make his happen. I cannot have the original "movies" be only 2D and create a separate one with only "3D"?
I'm not sure where are in openelec and i'm not able to try.
I suppose they are in:
"/usr/share/xbmc/system/library/" as read only. If you're doing this procedure can you confirm it's the right path so i can add it to the first post?

Btw following this guide you will keep the original library. in step 3 i copy the original nodes to preserve the original movies library. After you did that you do the 2nd part of the procedure twice. The first with a 2d playlist, the 2nd with a 3d playlist.

(2014-03-27, 17:02)phate89 Wrote: You want to add other categories? Repeat steps 1,2,4,5,6 every time you want.
You don't want the old entire library movie? Delete the movies folder. You want to change the label of the old entire library? enter in the movies folder and replace "342" in index.xml with the name you want..
Thanks for your quick reply. I will look into openelec path and will get back to you.

I was hoping for something slightly different. I am using Amber skin and it is really nice to have the recently added posters showing right on the front screen. Same with Transparency!, which also shows the name of the recently added.

If I now remove movies and instead create 3D and 2D movies, I would no longer have the posters on the main menu screen. Or I could keep all three (movies, 3D, 2D), which I don't really like and 2 of the 3 would not display the posters either.
I split my kids media from mine using smart playlists and Aeon MQ5, and the random/recently added widgets work correctly for both entries.

IE, when the kids menu is highlighted, the random widget only shows media from the kids menu and vice-versa for the main library (which excludes all the kids stuff).

Maybe this is just a feature of MQ5, but I didn't need to create video nodes, just smart playlists based around where my media is located - the kids stuff being in a separate directory.
Learning Linux the hard way !!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HOW TO Split the movie library in various fully working libraries [gotham]1