OS X Updating to 12.3 Trashes Library
I'm trying to update from v11.0 to v12.3. When I launch 12.3, it builds a completely new library. It rescans my files, re-scrapes, and re-downloads all of the artwork and video info. This, of course, trashes all of the custom artwork and video info I have set up.

Why is it doing this? How do I prevent it from happening?

Thanks

XBMC 11.0 -> 12.3
Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5
Mac mini Mid 2011 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5
1. Make sure you have "auto update library on startup" turned off.

2. Start up 12.3 and go into Videos. It will prompt you that it needs to update the artwork. This does NOT re-download art, it simply re-caches it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try.
Question 
(2014-03-28, 22:42)jmarshall Wrote: 1. Make sure you have "auto update library on startup" turned off.

2. Start up 12.3 and go into Videos. It will prompt you that it needs to update the artwork. This does NOT re-download art, it simply re-caches it.

I did this and it never prompted me to update the artwork. I went to Videos. Then I tried Movies. Then I tried TV Shows. No prompt. If I manually tell it to update the library, it rescrapes and trashes all of my custom art and info.

Anything else I can try?

Thanks
Probably because you have an updated database sitting there already. Delete it. MyVideos75.db I think it is (off the top of my head).
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

That worked. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating to 12.3 Trashes Library0