metropolis, what would you mod?
hello fellow fans of metropolis.

for the last few weeks i have been redesigning and updating some of the looks of metropolis to my taste. but before i post anything here i would like some input from you.

i am very new to the skin modding/coding process. so this is a long term project. and i make no promises that i can complete it. the graphics and design are no problem for me so i will begin there.
i am working on a new home screen as wall as modifying some of the library views.

question: if you were modding metropolis...

what would you change?
what do you like most and would not change?
what would you like to see added?

as i said before i am most focused upon the graphics at this time but we can always dream of that perfect metropolis.

i hope to here some of your ideas. even if that means you would not change a thing.

thanks to all, especially all who created and maintained this fabulous skin for the rest of us.
probably make the background on the home menu full screen

also

make visible posters for the recent items instead of just text
In my personal version I have.

Pause screen fades away after 15 seconds.
One button subtitle disabling from OSD.
Ability to always show a bit of the scroll bar at all times.
A full horizontal Home screen similar to Aeon.
Ability to set any custom Icons/wallpaper.
Ability to turn off all default-submenus in all three home screens.
Ability to add 4 custom home menus.
Show an "In progress" icon next to media.
Media type (Bluray/DVD) case overlays around posters.
Five favorites Submenus under Games.

I also redesigned all the code from all three home menus into a single code base (so that menus can easily be added to all three at once).

If you want to steal some code, it's there for the taking. https://github.com/MacGyverr/Metropolis (make sure you look in all three branches).
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
protocol77-thanks for the ideas.

MacGyver- i will download your personal version an check it out. thanks!
Ok, but unless you know how to pack the themes, it's not going to work correctly as is.
You could drop the themes from another version in the media folder.
Also, I only test it on my version, and that's Gotham, so don't blame me if using it creates a black-hole in the universe.

Oh, last note, install it, don't switch to it when it asks, then manually select it, then reboot. It will set MY settings on the first boot, so you may as well get that out of the way first. Yours will stick afterwards, but not until after the first boot.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
MacGyver - thanks for the tips. learning to pack themes is on my to do list.

i got your instructions to little to late. already loaded and did it wrong. but i always keep a back up if things go badly.
so far good to go, no signs of an eminent quantum singularity. we may be safe.

thanks
Metropolis is probably the nicest looking skin. Only two things I can think to change.

1. Add a view that shows fanart full-screen, and reveals as much of it as possible (but keep the media info on bottom). Extrafanart would be nice too.

2. I hate to say it, but I don't like the top level of the settings menu. The artwork is not my taste, but mostly I would prefer a simple vertical list where you can see the choices all at once
LibreELEC 10.0.4 * ViMediaManager or TinyMediaManager | Raspberry pi 4b
Sharing media from NAS via NFS (optical out to receiver, HDMI to TV) | TV remote with CEC / Bluetooth keyboard
I would love to see nice Steampunk artwork in the top level of the settings menu not the characters what have no relation to the actual item
IMAX@Home on the room sized screen since 1989
thanks, nice idea.
i habe not touched my mod idea for months. hoping to get back to it late september.
I believe the skin is great, if I would change anything it would be to have better looking icon graphics on the main menu. Someof the artwork is amazing, for example the Profile and Appearance icons in the setting menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
metropolis, what would you mod?0