WIP Coverflow your media
Hi all,

I've been playing around with this idea to create a standalone webinterface using MySQL as a backend.
The interface will not be able to control your XBMC instance but it will be able to show your media catalog and all the information that's stored in the MySQL databases.

Why not just use the webinterface you say? Since my HTPC isn't an alway on device and I'd still like to be able to show off my media collection. My NAS which serves as the MySQL server is a (mostly) always on device and I thought it would be cool to have this ability.

So I decided it was time to put this idea into action. I haven't started yet, first off I wanted to see what you guys think of this idea and if anyone out here is likely to use it when it's done.
The reason for this is that I still have to decide whether to incorporate it into my Server console project (click the link for an old video I shot of that project, it's pretty outdated by now and looks a bit better currently Smile) or create it more like a standalone webpage. If there's enough drive from the community I'll propably go for the latter.

All this will be build around ImageFlow, which I've used in the past and really like for it's looks. For an idea of what ImageFlow looks like take a look over here. Prerequisites for using this will be an XBMC installation which is configured to use MySQL, PHP and a webserver (might be more restrictive when I move along, can imagine Apache as a webserver might be required. Have to see).

Finally I can use all the input you guys can give me, any great ideas? Keep 'em coming!
And if you're a programmer or designer and want to help out, feel free to PM me!
A sneak preview of what to expect;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9d6bUwlDRo

Will incorporate Highslide JS, activated when clicking on a movie and showing the details. Also working on dynamic loading of images.
I decided for now to incorporate it into my server console project for speed of development's sake.
If anyone's interested give a shout, that might push me to create it as something more standalone.

it's coming along quite nicely, most of the stuff's there already, just need some inspiration to style it all a bit nicer.
Dynamic loading is done (had to mash up ImageFlow a bit to allow this) and Highslide incorporated. Thinking about maybe doing something with the fanart for a background.
And another teaser;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oewFZi0dT2w

Biggest thing left are;
- Styling fancybox content/movie details (replaced highslide with fancybox, looks are nicer imo and I use this already everywhere else)
- Creating a navigation structure, such as go to movies with letter A or just show action genre for example. It's more like a filter actually. Maybe also incorporate search.
- Maybe do something with recently added
- Create something similair for tvshows and music
- Creating a watch later list

p.s.
In the teaser it seems some transitions are not so fluent, this is not really noticable when actually using it, kind of a artefact of capturing it I suppose.
And we're mostly done with the styling of it all;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyt5CD5R2Bo

changelog;
- Moved ImageFlow to bottom of page
- Fixed fanart loading for first movie upon load
- Styled fancybox content
do you have any release of this I really want to try this out
Similar to something i was working on.. i've temporarily abandoned it as i've had no end of problems with the fanart and posters etc.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=158160

Looks like a nice implementation from yourself though.. Any ideas when we can get hold of it?
Sorry guys, haven't been looking @ this thread for a while.
Thought there was no interest since the lack of replies. It's still WIP, I'm implementing search stuff currently. My libraries way to big to just scroll through it all so I think it's a feature that needs to be there for release.

However I got kinda stuck with that, the way preloading is currently implemented kinda makes thing a pain. Probably will need to rethink strategies for that.

Anyways, patients! Smile I gotta couple (longterm) projects in the works so a bit busy. You know the deal, done when it's done Wink
I'll put the decoupling of the code to the current server console project as a top prio. Won't be much work, so I can give you guys a pretty early stage alpha when that's done.
Just a quick update;
I have started the decoupling of the current codebase to the server console project. It's moving along smoothly, I expect to be able to release a first early alpha of what I have pretty soon.
I'm also currently in the progress of moving so please be patients, pretty busy.
Alrightie then, got around to finalizing this first step.
Remember this is far from usuable yet, it's more intended to get people interested and maybe even someone's who's willing to help out. Find it here;
http://www.mediafire.com/download/5w3qm6...w_0.1a.zip

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Coverflow your media1