Req Add EPG parser library for DVB/ATSC
Lightbulb 
LibUCSI is a library to parse DVB/ATSC transport streams for Electronic Program Guide information. Please add it to the PVR-API to allow PVR-addons to parse EPG information and feed them into XBMC.
Wow I really hope this works!!!
(2014-03-28, 22:36)renne Wrote: LibUCSI is a library to parse DVB/ATSC transport streams for Electronic Program Guide information. Please add it to the PVR-API to allow PVR-addons to parse EPG information and feed them into XBMC.

EPG is the backend's job. xbmc gets epg from the backend.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Exactly, and as there is no backend that handles DVB but doesn't handle EPG too this would be essentially useless.
(2014-04-06, 10:10)negge Wrote: Exactly, and as there is no backend that handles DVB but doesn't handle EPG too this would be essentially useless.

IPTVsimple from Anton Fedchin uses a M3U playlist to provision XBMC with HTTP-URLs of SAT>IP servers (DVB transport stream). Alternatively a SAT>IP server can be added as a UPNP audio/video source. In both cases XBMC cannot parse the EPG/Teletext data.

Which solution do you suggest to get DVB EPG/Teletext data into XBMC?
The solution is to use a backend. VDR supports SAT>IP using a plugin and tvheadend should hopefully support it in the near future.
(2014-04-06, 19:02)negge Wrote: The solution is to use a backend. VDR supports SAT>IP using a plugin and tvheadend should hopefully support it in the near future.

I used VDR for 10 years. It's optimized for usage as set-top box and very bad as streaming server or backend. Installation and configuration are quite complex (no chance without OSD).

So I'll wait for TVHeadEnd although it is still overkill. Sad
I haven't used VDR myself but it seems to be very well supported by XBMC, if you've used it for 10 years why don't you give it a shot?
Maintaining multiple VDR machines eats up your time.

That's why a solution integrated into XBMC makes more sense. I prefer to set up Raspbmc on one device and just clone the SD-cards. Not an option with VDR ...
Why not one VDR (or one mythtv) machine for the whole house?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add EPG parser library for DVB/ATSC0