Solved MariaDB on DSM 5.0 EXTREMELY slow
Hey everyone

I have a problem with my XBMC and MariaDB after updating to DSM 5.0 on my Synology box.

At first I thought it wasn't working at all, and I found posts about the BIND issue. I tried solving this, but I already had the latest MariaDB where this issue is resolved.

Then I just waited and waited and it turns out that XBMC will start normally after about 2 minutes. Then, if I go into movies, it will take another minute for the list to load, and selecting a movie to play, will again take maybe a minute. Everything works, but it is painfully slow.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? I tried doing some SQL queries from MyPHPadmin towards the XBMC databases, and those were lightning fast, but I'm not sure if that's an indicator for anything, since MariaDB and MyPHPAdmin runs on the same NAS.

I'm lost.

Mike :o)
So, I figured it out :o)

I happened to come across some old article, dealing with tuning an MySQL database for use with XBMC.

I tried adding this line to the mysql portion of my.cnf (/volume1/@appstore/MariaDB/etc/mysql/my.cnf):

[mysqld]
skip-name-resolve

.....I then stopped and started MariaDB and PRESTO! Everything worked as before. Hope it helps.

Mike :o)
Thank you !

I was experiencing the same issue and was hopeless to find a solution. I even deleted the DB trying to solve the problem..

The my.cnf trick did the job !
Can u give me an explanation on how to do this
ImageImage
intel G530/BIostar th67+/Cx430/2x4gb ripjaws x 1600/N mediapc 1000B case/N media lcd/Asus gt520/60gb adata ssd.os/2tb spinpoint 5400 rpm. Media/Hp dvd rw

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MariaDB on DSM 5.0 EXTREMELY slow0