HifiBerry Digi
Hi

I have bought the Hifiberry Digi to use with XBMC. Now how can I use this device in XBMC 12.3 or 13 (can install both on my Raspbian).
I have changed the .asound file with the alsa settings without any result.
Also I have test it with changing the advancedsettings.xml file to:

<advancedsettings>
<audiooutput>
<audiodevice>ALSAConfusedysdefault:CARD=sndrpihifiberry</audiodevice>
</audiooutput>
</advancedsettings>

Without any result. Do someone know how i can setup XBMC to use the Hifiberry autdio device?
There is an openelec build here tested with HifiBerry Digi:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1647216
Openelec is not an option for me. I have running an smb server, torrent server and web server on my Pi.
(2014-03-29, 13:43)slimmeke Wrote: Openelec is not an option for me. I have running an smb server, torrent server and web server on my Pi.

It may still be worth trying openelec to prove it works from a tested configuration.

However from raspian, you should run rpi-update to get latest kernel.
You should install xbmc following these instructions:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/viewtop...24#p520212

And it may work (but I've not seen that scheme confirmed to work).
I can get sound out of the Hifiberry using mplayer or aplayer without any problems. But I can't select the audio output in XBMC 13. I use the builds from http://michael.gorven.za.net/raspberrypi/xbmc. But I will try the builds from your post.
(2014-03-29, 15:04)slimmeke Wrote: I can get sound out of the Hifiberry using mplayer or aplayer without any problems. But I can't select the audio output in XBMC. I use the builds from http://michael.gorven.za.net/raspberrypi/xbmc. But I will try the builds from your post.

You'll have no chance with that old build. It needs a gotham build with alsa enabled.
Ok I have installed the last build from the site you requested. The sound does work but when I play movies the sound comes from the hdmi output (not the hifiberry).
I will try using an other video player in XBMC.
Also my cec is broken in the build.
I have compiled and installed libcec. Now the CEC does work in XBMC.
Also I have changed the default player in XBMC but I can't get the audio in video working.
(2014-03-30, 11:31)slimmeke Wrote: I have compiled and installed libcec. Now the CEC does work in XBMC.
Also I have changed the default player in XBMC but I can't get the audio in video working.

Do gui sounds/music work through the HifiBerry?
Are you playing the videos with dvdplayer?
Yes the gui/music does work with the HifiBerry.
And I indeed use dvdplayer for playing video's.

BTW what was the first XBMC version that has Alsa support? Is it beta 2 of XBMC 13 or is it a newer version than beta 2?
(2014-03-30, 14:20)slimmeke Wrote: Yes the gui/music does work with the HifiBerry.
And I indeed use dvdplayer for playing video's.

BTW what was the first XBMC version that has Alsa support? Is it beta 2 of XBMC 13 or is it a newer version than beta 2?

No support for alsa in any official version. Need to use milhouse or miappa "newclock3" test builds.

So do you get any audio with dvdplayer?
Is passthrough enabled?
Post a debug log if you are having problems.
Ok I have installed RaspBMC with the latest kernel (raspberry Pi kernel not RaspBMC kernel) and the latest XBMC.
And i have setup dvdplayer to be the default player. And it works.
Tnx Popcornmix to help me.
Can you confirm you have 5.1 output on your Digi AND 'stereo' output on HDMI?
I didn't get 5.1 output with the HDMI to work.But I have now a other problem.
I have set the video player to dvdplayer. But that player can't play a lot of movie files.
Is this normal and how can i fix this?
(2014-04-03, 17:30)slimmeke Wrote: I didn't get 5.1 output with the HDMI to work.But I have now a other problem.
I have set the video player to dvdplayer. But that player can't play a lot of movie files.
Is this normal and how can i fix this?

Performance of dvdplayer is lower than omxplayer (it is good for 720p and low bitrate 1080p), so no raw BluRays.
It is still somewhat experimental (it's not in mainline xbmc, just on a test branch).

You'll have to say exactly what fails (with mediainfo of files) and we'll see if it should play or not.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HifiBerry Digi0