Preferred Operating System for XBMC
If i only want to use xbmc i prefer openelec for sure.
For playing games steam is saying linux, but with NVIDIA cards though because of drivers/support

If it has to have software wich do not work with wine then it`s going to be windows.
I've grown to love an Android base for XBMC. By setting XBMC as the default launcher it's a seamless setup. The real benefit is in the apps. I can swap to Netflix, Youtube, Pandora, etc straight from within XBMC, and right back without any hiccups. The trick is finding the right Android hardware.
What hardware do you recommend then?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-05, 01:47)nickr Wrote: What hardware do you recommend then?

The MK908II looks like it's got things working. I read up on some other Android hardware that also works and ones that are in the works as well.

With the Fire TV out though, it's almost impossible to recommend any new/current Android hardware. I'm VERY CERTAIN most(I don't want to say all but I think xbmc users as a group could get there) bugs will be worked out with the Fire TV. Also with Gotham ironing out more and more bugs and coming closer to a RC, things are changing even more.

This 1 month span (last 2 weeks and next 2 weeks) has a lot of Android hardware out and being worked on that it's very hard to make a choice until we see how it plays out. It's a great time for Android though on XBMC I'm extremely excited for it.
(2014-03-29, 22:42)Knocks Wrote: Which operating system is the current favorite of the XBMC development team? Which one has the most active development and support? And beyond current development, which OS is projected to become the main platform for XBMC development?

I am about to build the first XBMC device since my original Xbox and would like to know if I should build a Windows or Linux HTPC or just get an Android stick. I am willing to put up with a little pain, if one of these platforms becomes the dominant one in the coming months.

I cant speak for anyone else but for me it is:

Linux - More specifically, Ubuntu LTS minimal 64bit and some Nvidia GPU

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Preferred Operating System for XBMC0