Gotham .edl skipping problems
I record TV shows with NPVR from both a HD-PVR and HD HomeRun. The resulting files are .ts and then parsed with comskip to remove the commercials during playback as referenced by a .edl file (the actual ts file is not modified.)

This worked PERFECTLY in Frodo. I set the recordings directory as a media source and away I went. XBMC read the edl file, skipped the commercials parts. I could skip (30 seconds) just fine.

Gotham... works okay, but if I use the 30 second skip button during playing, it goes crazy the further along in the program it is. Towards the end it'll skip 10, 12, 15 minutes at one button press. It is as if it is getting confused about the timeline because of the skip points in the edl file.

Anyone else seeing this?
Yeah, EDLs seem broken in Gotham. I have the same issue.
I've posted about this to an internal Team post, but I figure I'll post my findings here as well:

Example EDL, just save it in a file as video_name.edl. I used a random TV show. It doesn't seem to matter what the video actually is.

Code:
00:05:00 00:06:00 0
00:10:55 00:11:20 0
00:13:00 00:14:00 0
00:16:15 00:16:49 0

Debug log using the above EDL on Mac OS X, March 29th nightly Gotham build: http://pastebin.com/PuBKjBNe

I used step forward about 8 times to reach the first edit point at 5 minutes. These are all fine. The 9th StepForward and XBMC has jumped farther than 30 seconds, both in the actual video and in the displayed time. I do this a few more times, and XBMC is jumping too far. Then I used StepBack four times, each time XBMC goes forward in time.
Yes, that is it, exactly.
Do you use mode 3 or mode 0 in your edl files. I use 3 and haven't noticed this. The comskip ini setting is

edl_skip_field=3

Martin
Does the file work as expected when playing over the cuts? E.g. is it just the seeking that isn't working as expected?
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
For me, the file plays as expected when going over the cuts. If you never seek then everything is smooth sailing.
Same for me as Ned Scott. Works as expected until you start seeking.

I'll try Martin's suggested mode setting for comskip.
Mode setting for comskip didn't help.
I'm experencing this as well. Is this going to be able to be fixed in an official gotham build?
Or is there a workaround?
I am also having this problem, even with XBMC 13.0 Gotham official release.

Seeking (skipping forward/backward with the arrow keys) is erratic and random with recordings with an EDL file. If the EDL is deleted then seek works normally. Playback is fine in both cases.

Windows 8.1 Pro, NextPVR 3.2.9, XBMC 13.0 Gotham official release.

Hoping for a quick fix as the problem didn't occur with Frodo.
What's the correct way to get this added as an issue since trac is supposedly not going to be repaired/continued.
Actually, trac accidentally (in a sense) got repaired in the last couple of weeks, so I'll make sure to fill out a trac ticket for this and reply with the number.
http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/15207
Thanks for making the ticket, I was back here checking on the issue. I was disappointed to still see it happening in 13.0 final. Oh well, I'm sure it will get attention eventually. Thanks again!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gotham .edl skipping problems0