Minix Neo A2 key remapping
Question 
Hi I just got a Minix Neo A2 wireless air mouse and am trying to figure out how to remap a few of the keys.

I used ShowKey.exe found http://xbmcmce.sourceforge.net/ and found out that the Mute, Volume up & down, play pause, and fast forward and rewind buttons on the remote are mapped like keys on a multimedia keyboard.

After reading several posts on modifying keyboard.xml and remapping i have made some progress, but am still having an issue.

First of all, i created a mouse.xml file with the following to remap the center "android button" which is actually left click to act like enter, then i modified the button that look like a back button, which is really right click, to act like a back button. I also disabled the cursor

<keymap>
<global>
<mouse>
<leftclick>Select</leftclick>
<middleclick>Noop</middleclick>
<rightclick>Back</rightclick>
<doubleclick>Noop</doubleclick>
<wheeldown>Noop</wheeldown>
<wheelup>Noop</wheelup>
<mousedrag>Noop</mousedrag>
<mousemove>Noop</mousemove>
</mouse>
</global>
<FullscreenVideo>
<mouse>
<leftclick>OSD</leftclick>
</mouse>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

Next i wanted to get the volume, mute, fast forward, rewind and play/pause buttons working, but even adding the tags to the keyboard.xml files did nothing. then i came across a post that talked about adding it to a appcommand.xml file for other "media keys". I tried this to in the app config file and it worked to fast forward, rewind and play/pause but not the volume or mute keys.

Next i found a post saying that you had to enable multimedia keys in the advancedsettings.xml, so i created the file with the following text

<advancedsettings>
<enablemultimediakeys>true</enablemultimediakeys>
</advancedsettings>

and now my volume and mute keys where working out of the box without adding anything to the keyboard.xml or appcommand.xml, but my play/pause or fast forward and rewind buttons no longer worked as wanted.

after some trial and error i got fastforward and rewind to work by adding tags to both the keyboard.xml and appcommand.xml

appcommand.xml settings

<keymap>
<global>
<appcommand>
<next_track>FastForward</next_track>
<prev_track>Rewind</prev_track>
</appcommand>
</global>
<FullscreenVideo>
<appcommand>
</appcommand>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

keyboard.xml settings

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<play_pause>Play</play_pause>
<f2>ContextMenu</f2>
<home>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</home>
</keyboard>
</global>
<FullscreenVideo>
<keyboard>
<play_pause>Play</play_pause>
<f2>Info</f2>
</keyboard>
</FullscreenVideo>
</keymap>

so everything except for the play pause button is working. i tried adding it to the global and fullscreen video section in keyboard.xml and appcommand.xml, and also tried combination of both files or just one or the other and it isn't working.

If i fast forward, then hit the play/pause button however it does a frame by frame advance.

Any suggestion on getting this one button to work once enablemultimediakeys is enabled? either that or how to get the volume and mute keys working without enabling multimedia keys, since play/pause and fastforward were working fine then?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Any suggestions?
Have you found a solution yet? I would like to know how to fix this.
Mine did play pause out of the box, and I fast forward rewind by pressing up down left right on the dpad. However there are several buttons that don't work anywhere within android. Settings, home, and recent apps. I've found that they work within MINIX devices but aren't mapped properly for other android devices.
although a little late (about 3 yrs Tongue) , it's not clear if you've installed it on android or a different os. (or if you've found your solution )
But in general the play/pause for media playback on windows machines is the spacebar, haven't tested your config, but i reckon you could give it a try.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Minix Neo A2 key remapping0