help setting up my atv2 with a nas via ethernet
Hi, well the title says it all really. I've recently moved back in with my parents, and whereas before my nas drive (d-link share centre) was plugged into my router and my atv2 would wireless get the vid's now the router is too far away from the atv2 and requires constant buffering, not exactly the ideal situation. So i was wondering is it possible to connect the nas to the atv2 via the ethernet connection?. I admit i have tried this however i couldnt seem to find the nas looking through xmbc's file menu. Am i missing something?.

thanks in advance for any assistance given.

Craig
XBMC doesn't really care if the connection is ethernet or wireless. It will always be the same process on the XBMC side.
Craig, are you connecting your NAS directly to the atv2 via Ethernet?

If so, I don't think that will work. You'll need to connect your NAS to the same wired network that your ATV2 is hooked up to and ensure that your media is shared using a protocol that the atv2 can understand such as Samba (also referred to as CIFS), NFS or FTP (amongst others).

For example in my setup, my NAS is connected to a network switch along with other devices that all have internet access. Our 2 atv2s are connected to the same wired network but neither have a direct connection to the NAS itself.

Some more details about your setup would help us steer you in the right direction.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
help setting up my atv2 with a nas via ethernet0