How to change the default background?
Hey all.

Love this skin!

Im using it on my RPI Smile

But how can i change the default skin? I want the same one on alle screens. But i want to use the "hobbit" background Smile

Thanks.

Regards Daniel
The default background is found in /xbmc/addons/skin.amber/backgrounds/default/default.jpg, and the one you want is /skin.amber/backgrounds/Movies.jpg, so you could always just copy the file Movies.jpg over default/default.jpg. This may be reset when the skin is updated, however should be an easy fix. You could try setting default.jpg to read-only, however I am not sure if this would cause updates to fail.
You can do it through the UI.

Main menu -> Settings -> move down to Background -> move right to 'Edit Background For MediaType' and choose the background you want to change -> move right to Single Image -> Browse for Image

You'll want to have a suitable 16:9 image available in the pictures folder, its location and how you get it there depends on which OS you are using (Openelec/Raspbmc/Xbian/Raspbian). If you want to use the same background that the Hobbit movie uses it is stored in .xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails/ folder but there are no descriptive filenames and often thousands of files to have to search through so it would be easier just to grab an image from google image search.
What is the best way to find high resolution images for an HD TV? What are the specs that we need to get?
(2014-04-03, 22:16)pcgirl Wrote: What is the best way to find high resolution images for an HD TV? What are the specs that we need to get?

Google pictures search. You will want 1920x1080 or 1280x720 pixels images for best results.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to change the default background?0