Airplay wake up when playing music
Hi,

I'm using the newest beta release of xbmc Gotham on my Raspberry Pi running OpenElec 4.
Since Airplaz Support for iOS 7 was fixed through the updates made in Gotham I'm finally able to use Airplay.
One problem I encounter is that my TV gets woken up when AirPlay is activated. This is great for watching videos, since I don't have to turn on my tv manually, but it's very bad for listening to music since I don't need my TV for music playback. I always have to turn it off manually, which kind of sucks. Wink

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum but since this is the dev forums category I thought this fits here.

Hope someone can help me or at least help me get this "bug" report to the developers Smile

Thanks all!

Jonathan
check the peripherals settings for CEC (Settings -> System -> Input Devices -> Peripherals) and try turning off anything that's setting the active source
Thanks, didn't know you could press the devices button, thought it was a heading Wink
But now I need to turn on the tv when I want to watch videos, maybe this could be a new feature? To differentiate between audio and video playback?!

But thanks da-anda for the help!
This would be great - I'm surprised this isn't already in advancedsettings.xml <stop-screensaver-for-music>
Currently I have it set up to wake when there is playback and to go to standby when the screensaver turns on, so my tv turns off after 1 minute. The only problem with this is, that when I play music, the TV doesn't turn off, even though the Screensaver turns on, there must be some sort of differentiation that is making this whole feature useless for me. It only makes sense, if you want your tv to display the now playing screen on music playback.

Anyone have an idea on how to configure xbmc to turn off tv while music is playing?
Bump
Bump. Really, no way to do this?
This is not specific to airplay. Its the same with all music playback (starting a song from your music database via a remote app would trigger the same wakeup via cec). Fact is - there is no connection between the type of playback and the cec implementation atm. As it seems there is noone interested (be it in the team or from the outside) to work on this.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Airplay wake up when playing music0