hardware issue :(
hi ,
i am using the following prebuilt dell system for my HTPC
but when playing 1080p video files i see some stuttering in the playback.
all my media is on another PC and i am uisng windows sharing
al PCs are connected to the router via cables.
using XBMC 12.2 with XP Os

AMD Athlon 64 x2Dual 2.12 GHz
core processer 4000+
2 Gb Ram
Nvida Geforce 6150SE nForce 430

when playing 720p files i dont see the issue

any insights? could this me a PC hardware issue or network issue??
I'm pretty sure Nvida Geforce 6150SE nForce 430 isn't able to play 1080p movies. You can however copy the movie to your harddisk and try playing. If it's still stuttering you know it's not the network.
Use xbmc gotham v13 and use multithread decoding, that will at least use both cores - more you cannot do.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
thax for the input guys Sad

i tried to copy the files locally and it still stuttered..

i guess the GPU cannot keep up..

could i add a new graphic card, will that help?

the last option would be to update to v13 and try to use the multithread decoding that Fritsch suggestedSad

Thax
verj
Since the OP stated that he is running XP, he won't be able to install Gotham unless he changes OS.
could i get another CPU that could work better??
your best bet first is to get rid of XP it as of today is no longer supported by Microsoft an is not going to be supported for gotham

if you don't need a desktop just try out openelec it is low resource enough that you should be fine
You can get a new cpu or gpu, both should help. If you get a new cpu you also need a new motherboard (and probably new RAM). But first upgrade your OS as already stated.
Thax Guys

i think i will dump this old pc and get a fire TV Smile
once all the bugs have been worked out for the fire tv

Btw i tried openelec and kept getting xorg failed to start error Sad
XP doesn't support video acceleration if I'm not mistaken, that's your problem... I had an NVidia 430 that handled 1080p no sweat...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
hardware issue :(0