3D -> 2D... Not on Android?
Hi All,

I'm currently running SPMC on my Ouya, until Gotham to GA.

However, I have installed Gotham Beta 2 on Windows and Gotham Beta 3 on my Ouya for testing for now.

I noticed that on the Windows version, when I play a 3D movie, I get the option to play it in either side-by-side, top and bottom or even in 2D, which is great if I don't fancy watching one of my 3D movies in 3D. However, this option doesn't come up all the time...

Also, it doesn't give me the option on the Gotham Beta 3 version on my Ouya?

Is this a limitation on the type of file being played, or is this just not an option on the Android ARM version?

It would be awesome if I always had the option to play 3D movies on 2D if I wanted.

You may ask why would I want to do that?! Well I only have 2 pairs of 3D glasses, and if I have more than 2 people round to watch a film, I'm stuffed!

Thanks

DMN1981
Anyone?

Also, when you start playing a 3D movie, and you set the TV to display the SBS image as one, obviously the XBMC in movie menu becomes blurred/converted to two images I guess?!

Does XBMC have the capability of knowing it's playing a 3D movie, and adjust the menu accordingly so you can at least use it, it's really annoying to pause a film or try and adjust a setting and you can't see half of it!!

Thanks
DMN1981
AnyoneHuh
@dmn1981... For xbmc to reconise the movie format of a 3d or not is base on a naming scheme. So as long as you label to what it understands. example... Movietitle (20xx).3D.SBS.mkv it will ask you how you would like it to display on screen. Also in the system it needs to be selects as prompt user as well.

I was able to get this worked out that on my ATV520E with gotham beta 3. When i try placing this in a 2d format it continues to show as a sbs format. not sure why but still looking around on that answer.

Hope that help

Monkeyslapper
(2014-04-06, 17:48)monkeyslapper Wrote: @dmn1981... For xbmc to reconise the movie format of a 3d or not is base on a naming scheme. So as long as you label to what it understands. example... Movietitle (20xx).3D.SBS.mkv it will ask you how you would like it to display on screen. Also in the system it needs to be selects as prompt user as well.

I was able to get this worked out that on my ATV520E with gotham beta 3. When i try placing this in a 2d format it continues to show as a sbs format. not sure why but still looking around on that answer.

Hope that help

Monkeyslapper

Thanks Monkeyslapper...I haven't played around with Gotham for a while, so I'll give that a try, I have renamed my 3D films with the right tag in the filename, now I just need to choose which skin to use, so it tells me which movie are in 3D in my library...

Which skin do you use, or do you just know which films you have are 3D?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
3D -> 2D... Not on Android?0