Music Tagging for Specific Viewtypes
Curently trying to tidy up my music library and have got all the artists view more or less as I want it to look, just a few minor biographies left to manually complete.

When I go to album view compilation albums do not show up as a single entry, there's an view for each artist on the album. Screenshot for the three songs on 24 Hour Party People in album view by respectively 808 State, The Buzzcocks and Moby.
Is there a way to retag this so I can rescrape the album to show as a single entry but in artist view all three different bands on the album are still viewable? I have a few Various Artist albums with this problem and it would be nice to find a fix.
I think setting Album Artist tag to Various Artists for all tracks and then in xbmc settings make sure "Include artists who appear only on compilations" is enabled will do what you want.
(2014-04-18, 13:08)jjd-uk Wrote: I think setting Album Artist tag to Various Artists for all tracks and then in xbmc settings make sure "Include artists who appear only on compilations" is enabled will do what you want.

Thanks jjd-uk
That works and luckily I don't have very many compilations otherwise it would be a nightmare retagging everything.
The only other problem is enabling "Include artists who appear only on compilations" creates a bit of a mess in artist view if the "Contributing Artist" field contains more than one artist. I just went in and removed these multi-artist entries from MyMusis46.db which is probably not a recommended way of doing this but it works. And luckily these multi-artist entries do not reappear on a library update.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Tagging for Specific Viewtypes0