Episodes out of order.. how to fix?
I recently put in the season of almost human on my HTPC, Now, the season was aired out of order so I renamed the episodes to the proper order that they SHOULD Have been aired. Unfortunately XBMC, or the scraper is listing them in the order they were aired so the episodes do not match the episode numbers or titles in most cases.

WHat is the best way to fix this? Just manually rename each one through the XBMC edit title area or is there an easier/better way?

Thanks in advance!
Make you own NFO files.
(2014-03-30, 23:56)Hitcher Wrote: Make you own NFO files.

I edited the TVDB settings to call for absolute and DVD and neither showed them in the correct order, even though the TVDB.com website does.

Can you link me to the correct instructions for making an NFO file in the correct format? I mean I appreciate the monosyllabic responses but a little more detail would be appreciated Wink
<grunt> Smile

NFO_files (wiki)

(the other way to do it is to export your library to single files, edit the resultant NFOs, and re-scan then/update. You can delete all the NFOs afterwards if you want to, although I leave them as it forms a type of metadata backup)
Use the XEM scraper.
(2014-03-31, 02:35)Ned Scott Wrote: Use the XEM scraper.

Tried that, no joy. Changed to absolute and DVD preference and re-scanned still no joy. Went as far as to delete the folder from the library then re-add with DVD ordering and then again with XEM scraper. STILL no joy.

I REALLY do not want to go through writing an NFO file for each episode. But if I must I must.
I would still go with the route of Prof Yaffle, the second option; Export library to single files, edit the relevant NFO, then re-scan.
Have a look here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=NFO...tvepisodes
This way - (given that this pertain to a single season) you should only have to edit <episode> contents - given that the rest of the contents matches the actual episodes. If not, a combination of changing tag and renaming (matching) NFO to episode file might be easier. For specials without proper tags, <displayepisode> might be handy.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Could you please screenshot your filenames and the order you expect ? Sounds like you are doing something very weird.
He is doing something weird, it works just fine here with a mock episodes on a test

http://speedy.sh/YEH7b/test.zip or http://www.speedyshare.com/YEH7b/download/test.zip (dont use any downloaders for this Wink not needed or wanted.

^^ that has 0byte fake files that will be scanned by XBMC when content set TVDB...

In any ordering used by TVDB be it air order/dvd order/absolute order that is it, no other orders exist for this Show / episodes there.
Quote:Almost Human executive producer J.H. Wyman has addressed concerns over the show’s episodes airing out of order.

The sci-fi drama has already broken one of the sacred ‘rules’ of serialized TV by airing episodes out of their originally intended sequence. As you can see from the bulleted list below, Episode 2 was supposed to be the fifth episode; Episode 3 the sixth, and so on:

1.01 Pilot (#1.01)
1.02 “Skin”- (#1.05)
1.03 “Are You Receiving” – (#1.06)
1.04 “The Bends” – (#1.07)
1.05 “Blood Brothers” – (#1.08)
1.06 “Arrhythmia” – (#1.03)
1.07 “Simon Says” – (#1.10)
1.08 “You Are Here” – (#1.02)
1.09 “Unbound” – (#1.09)
1.10 “Perception” – (#1.04)
1.11 “Disrupt” – (#1.11)
1.12 “Beholder” – (#1.12)
1.13 “Straw Man” – (#1.13) [SEASON FINALE]

Of course, Almost Human is a cross between serialized and procedural (weighted more towards the latter), as opposed to an inherently serialized show which absolutely requires episodes to air in order. However, many seriable observers have voiced concerns about what this apparent interchangeability means for the serialized aspect of the show.

Will character development be negatively impacted? Will important overarching plot points get lost, quite literally, in transmission? Are serial viewers receiving everything we need to follow the show as it was intended?

According to Wyman, viewers need not worry. Speaking on Twitter, he said “it’s okay that they are out of order for the first 7 or so,” confirming that from that point onwards, “they should really be in order.”
Seems tvdb dvdorder is fixed http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=season&...&order=dvd according to what Hitcher posted, so someone must have gone and changed it.

In this case just change the E# around, on the source make sure scraper is set to dvd order and refresh info for show, this should now pick up the correct order, I just tested with mock files and seems ok, no nfo's required.

here is a quick test dummy files with correct order naming for both aired / dvd order http://speedy.sh/NxBrr/test.zip it should mirror what tvdb has if content and source is set accordingly.
What about edit sort title? Adding an initilal "Ep01", "Ep02" etc to the title of these, of wich they are sorted by (Does not display in list).
Or does this only apply to movies? I guess this would require files to be named so thar conents and scraper info go correctly together - but still, the displayed order should be whatever you want it to be.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Slightly convoluted that, but I guess it could work in some bizarro reality as well Wink anyone sane would want scraper and naming correctly for sake of sanity and future scraping.
(2014-04-02, 18:59)uNiversal Wrote: Slightly convoluted that, but I guess it could work in some bizarro reality as well Wink anyone sane would want scraper and naming correctly for sake of sanity and future scraping.
Well, by going this route - scraper contents and episode contents would hopefully be right (if all scrapers hold the same episode sequence, its unlikely to change) - it would only be displayed in your library in the sorted sequence of your choosing. The "sort name" tag is only that - a library tag to accomodate personal listing and playback sequence.

My personal example: the "Varg Veum" movie series. These 12 movies only have titles, no numerical sequence - and several of these were released within the same year. So even if trying to sort by year, many of them are still in the wrong sequence. I fixed this by changing the "Sort name title" of the films to "Varg Veum 01", "Varg Veum 02" etc. Result; They still display the scraper retrieved titles - and scrape the same as they have if updating - but they show up listed (and play, if auto play next is enabled) in the sequence I want them to.

Note: AFAIK, it doesn't change the displayed Library name - wich would still be either the filename or the movie/episode name the scraper returned.
movies dont have episode nr's and that what matters to scraper. First you must have episodes in a showname folder (seasosn folders ignored anyway) then each episode is S##E##, rest like (nameblabla S##e## tittleblabla) pretty much only for sake of user organization sake.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Episodes out of order.. how to fix?0