Add SmallStepBack to Remote.xml in Gotham!!
Did you find a way to do this? (or in keymap.xml?)
I did it in remote.xml. Look in my signature (at the bottom of this message) and you'll find a link to a guide that I wrote up that includes details about my setup, including how I modified remote.xml.
I welcome comments and suggestions for the Kodi (XBMC) Set-up Guide that I wrote.
You can read it here:  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
What kind of remote are you using? And what's the diff between remote and keyboard files.

I posted this... not sure if you can help:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=195245
I use a Windows Media Center remote. I noticed a typo in the code in your other message. You may want to fix the mis-spelling of "menu"
I welcome comments and suggestions for the Kodi (XBMC) Set-up Guide that I wrote.
You can read it here:  http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=193310
I understand that for the developers and heavy users/tinkers all those remote buttons are great... For me, and for everyone I asked (most of them, I introduced to Kodi, back in xbox times), they forgot what all those buttons are for and just use up/down/left/right/enter/home/context menu/info/back. In recent times, there is a button (back) that has changed from really useful to incredibly annoying for those users, messing with the video they are watching instead of performing "smallstepback", that for everyone that discovers it is an incredibly good idea and cannot understand why each and every device remote controlled they have do not have it, is a bit like "undo" in word processors and such.

The new option is, for those used to smallstepback, incredibly annoying! also for any novice that press the button by mistake. You are watching something in fullscreen (most people ONLY want to watch anything in fullscreen! every other option is a nice aesthetic gimmick for them but nothing more) and suddenly the media selection appears! they try to undo the mistake pressing the button again and instead they make it worst, finally being sent to home screen, but with the video they were watching playing in the background!

If they really know what to do (in the "real" world, that is a tiny tiny % of users), they go back and (with LOTS of remote button pressings) select "player" and go back to where they were (fullscreen), only the video has advanced and they have to go back a long step. If they know a lot but not as much as those previous that "really know", they stop the video and start it again, if properly configured kodi will offer to start at the last stop position and they are more or less where they were. But most people will simply start the video from the beginning and get very annoyed, some not very nice thoughts dedicated to those (and their ascendants) responsable of that function.

I really do not find the "leave full screen" option that useful (personally, never actually used it on purpose or felt the need to use it, but I suppose it maybe is useful for someone else), but I think it could be a good idea to make it "auto undo", that is, you press the "back" button again, go fullscreen again as if nothing had happened.

But I think the "smallstepback" function is MUCH MORE useful, in fact, it was one of the things that I showed people when they ask why they should use XBMC (now Kodi) instead of anything else.
(2014-03-31, 07:34)Ned Scott Wrote: --OH. MY. HASSELHOFF. I never knew we could do that! That's freaking awesome! I thought I had all the FF/RW methods covered.
HAHA Hears me thinking I also got all the FF/RW covered. I even use joystick toggles functions to give more flexibility to my skips, yet I didn't this function existed.

Thanks Da-Anda

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Add SmallStepBack to Remote.xml in Gotham!!0