How to scrape / scan without renaming, moving, existing files / folders?

  Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Post Reply
Dirki Offline
Fan
Posts: 542
Joined: Aug 2012
Reputation: 0
Post: #1
What settings do I have to change in tinyMM when I do not want it to make changes like renaming, moving, deleting existing files / folders (but keep it like it is) in my movie / series folders? So I just want tMM to add the new movie, series information (images, files for actors, create new folders, files etc. but do not change the existing structure).

Can tMM store all of the downloaded movie series information in a special folder and not in the movie / series folder among the videos?

XBMC 13.1 Gotham returns, Win 7
find quote
myron Offline
Moderator
Posts: 185
Joined: Jan 2011
Reputation: 3
Post: #2
if you do not want to change the naming, just do not click on "rename & cleanup" Wink
TMM barely touches anything without your knowledge...


Quote:Can tMM store all of the downloaded movie series information in a special folder and not in the movie / series folder among the videos?
No.
TMM is designed to support XBMC and others, and thats the way how they work.
Or is there any tool out there, which reads it from that "speacial folder". Or whats your benefit from that?!

tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
[Image: project_thin_badge.gif]
find quote
Dirki Offline
Fan
Posts: 542
Joined: Aug 2012
Reputation: 0
Post: #3
Thank you, myron.

Quote:if you do not want to change the naming, just do not click on "rename & cleanup" Wink
TMM barely touches anything without your knowledge...
Very strange, I have never clicked on "rename & cleanup" (by intention), but tMM completely changed the folder structere, it added folders having the file names and moved the files into these folders. What might have happened? Obviously I have missed anything.

Quote:No.
Or is there any tool out there, which reads it from that "speacial folder". Or whats your benefit from that?!
Sorry, well, I have any idea at all of all that, scraping, movie information etc.
One problem (for me) is, I have stored (almost) all of my movies / series on an external drive (USB) and have plugged it in only when I watch a video or so. And I want to access the data like movie information also, when the drive is not plugged in, but without having the drive connected it does not appear to be possible. So, I thought, if a folder would remain on the internal drvie I could see the information always.

Quote:TMM is designed to support XBMC and others, and thats the way how they work.
But, of course, that is plausible, it then would make any sense to use a special folder.

How can you stop scraping after having started it?

Quote:TMM barely touches anything without your knowledge...
What is touched (without and without knowledge)?

Thanks again.

XBMC 13.1 Gotham returns, Win 7
(This post was last modified: 2014-03-31 12:13 by Dirki.)
find quote
myron Offline
Moderator
Posts: 185
Joined: Jan 2011
Reputation: 3
Post: #4
Quote:Very strange, I have never clicked on "rename & cleanup" (by intention), but tMM completely changed the folder structere, it added folders having the file names and moved the files into these folders. What might have happened? Obviously I have missed anything.
Have no clue.
You might want to check the logfile and search for "rename" or similar...
But it's for sure not done automatically...


Quote:Sorry, well, I have any idea at all of all that, scraping, movie information etc.
One problem (for me) is, I have stored (almost) all of my movies / series on an external drive (USB) and have plugged it in only when I watch a video or so. And I want to access the data like movie information also, when the drive is not plugged in, but without having the drive connected it does not appear to be possible.
This should already be working Smile
Just activate the image cache in settings, which caches all images in a low-resolution variant inside TMM directory.


Quote:How can you stop scraping after having started it?
Not yet.
There is a spinner running in the bottom right corner.
You will be able to click it and stop all the running task... in one of the next versions....

tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
[Image: project_thin_badge.gif]
find quote
Dirki Offline
Fan
Posts: 542
Joined: Aug 2012
Reputation: 0
Post: #5
Quote:Have no clue.
You might want to check the logfile and search for "rename" or similar...
But it's for sure not done automatically...
OK, so I guess, I clicked it and do not remember.
Is it that button doing it ("rename & cleanup"): http://i.imgur.com/q5y1Ism.png

Quote:This should already be working Smile
Just activate the image cache in settings, which caches all images in a low-resolution variant inside TMM directory.
That is great. In the tab "General" it is, I assume. It already is.

Quote:Not yet.
There is a spinner running in the bottom right corner.
You will be able to click it and stop all the running task... in one of the next versions....
OK, so just close tMM to stop.

Before I can scrape, I always have to click "Update data souces"?

Quote:TMM barely touches anything without your knowledge...
What is touched (without and without knowledge)?

I have just changed the GUI language to English. It seems as if tMM now scrapes much more better, gets more hits for the movie titles? Might that be true?
I am wondering...XBMC automatically scrapes almost all of the movies (files have name and year: e.g. Die Mumie kehrt zurück (2001).disc or Arabeske (1966).disc - tMM didn't scrape them) corrrectly, but tMM do not scrape many of them: http://i.imgur.com/urqPqfz.png
What could I do to make tMM doing it better?

Many thanks.

XBMC 13.1 Gotham returns, Win 7
(This post was last modified: 2014-03-31 12:37 by Dirki.)
find quote
myron Offline
Moderator
Posts: 185
Joined: Jan 2011
Reputation: 3
Post: #6
Quote:OK, so I guess, I clicked it and do not remember.
Is it that button doing it ("rename & cleanup"): http://i.imgur.com/q5y1Ism.png
Just hover the image - you'll find out what it does Wink
(Hint: it's the one before)


Quote:OK, so just close tMM to stop.
yop, for the time being


Quote:Before I can scrape, I always have to click "Update data souces"?
Ehrm... "update datasource" does what the name suggest.
It scans your datasource for new movies to get them into TMM.
Do that, if you have new movies in there...


Quote:What is touched (without and without knowledge)?
I meant, that TMM never does anything with your files, without any user interaction.
At least, there is always a setting for such action...


Quote:I have just changed the GUI language to English. It seems as if tMM now scrapes much more better, gets more hits for the movie titles? Might that be true?
We have many language setting.
GUI language - as the name suggest - is just for the GUI and has no impact on scraping.
We have separate languages for movie/tv scraping, certificates and so on.
Just check the settings a bit....

tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
[Image: project_thin_badge.gif]
find quote
Dirki Offline
Fan
Posts: 542
Joined: Aug 2012
Reputation: 0
Post: #7
Thank you very much.

Quote:Just hover the image - you'll find out what it does Wink
(Hint: it's the one before)
Ah, yes. Hovering the right image does not bring any information, so I first thought...

Quote: Before I can scrape, I always have to click "Update data souces"?

Ehrm... "update datasource" does what the name suggest.
It scans your datasource for new movies to get them into TMM.
Do that, if you have new movies in there...
Yes, sorry, that was what I meant, so always click it before scraping new movies, series. There is no button, item you can click doing both of it.

Quote:I meant, that TMM never does anything with your files, without any user interaction.
At least, there is always a setting for such action...
Hmmm, well, but it does not show a message (saying what will happen) or something like that you would have to confirm after clicking a button like "rename & cleanup", if I am right. I just started a new thread about this subject according to series. It looks like as if the settings would let the series files and folders rename / move. But, that is wrong, obviously (thank goodness).

Quote:We have many language setting.
GUI language - as the name suggest - is just for the GUI and has no impact on scraping.
We have separate languages for movie/tv scraping, certificates and so on.
Just check the settings a bit....
Yes, yes, absolutely, I had checked, that is why I asked, sorry for my bad expression. After changing the scraping language to German tMM scraped much more movies correctly (than before having set to English). Why is it like that? What might be the reason that tMM do not find such moves like Die Mumie kehrt zurück (2001).disc or Arabeske (1966).disc but XBMC does?
Most of these movies XBMC scraped correctly: http://i.imgur.com/urqPqfz.png
So what could I do to make tMM doing it better?

Many thanks again.

XBMC 13.1 Gotham returns, Win 7
find quote
myron Offline
Moderator
Posts: 185
Joined: Jan 2011
Reputation: 3
Post: #8
TMM Movies look good - should be able to find everything...

I tried the movie "Die Mumie kehrt zurück" and language set to german - it is found with TMDB and IMDB.
Please use the in-app BugReporting and submit the logfile, after your search...

tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
[Image: project_thin_badge.gif]
find quote
Dirki Offline
Fan
Posts: 542
Joined: Aug 2012
Reputation: 0
Post: #9
Thank you, myron.

Quote:TMM Movies look good - should be able to find everything...
Ah, sorry, by that "So what could I do to make tMM doing it better?" I meant, which settings to enable / disable to make tMM finding / hitting the movies better when scraping. And not how to improve tMM itself. Of course, it is an extremely nice program.

Quote:I tried the movie "Die Mumie kehrt zurück" and language set to german - it is found with TMDB and IMDB.
Please use the in-app BugReporting and submit the logfile, after your search...
Thank you, well, I will try scraping again, see what happens, I suppose, I might have missed some settings to let tMM scrape the best way.

Many thanks again.

XBMC 13.1 Gotham returns, Win 7
find quote
myron Offline
Moderator
Posts: 185
Joined: Jan 2011
Reputation: 3
Post: #10
There is no setting to improve the search quality.
If your movie is not found with TMDB (which i doubt - your movie names look clean and should be found) try another scraper.
(I even do not know what your settings are, so please... add some logfile/config to help me to help you Tongue)

tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
[Image: project_thin_badge.gif]
find quote
Dirki Offline
Fan
Posts: 542
Joined: Aug 2012
Reputation: 0
Post: #11
Many thanks, myron.

Quote:There is no setting to improve the search quality.
Very sorry again for my bad expression. Yes, I understand, tMM finds everything, I have any doubt about it. What I tried to aks was, to find out which settings are the best ones to make tMM find the movies / series best. So, an example, set the scraper to "German" when you have German titled file names or so. Sorry again.

Quote:If your movie is not found with TMDB (which i doubt - your movie names look clean and should be found) try another scraper.
No, no, yours is the best one, I only want to use your scraper. I do not want any other scraper on my drive.

Quote:(I even do not know what your settings are, so please... add some logfile/config to help me to help you Tongue)
Yes, I understand, I would like to send a log file very much, but I do not know how to do it. I tried to let tMM make a log, but wihtout any success. Very sorry. What can I do?

Thank you very much for your kind help.

XBMC 13.1 Gotham returns, Win 7
find quote
myron Offline
Moderator
Posts: 185
Joined: Jan 2011
Reputation: 3
Post: #12
Scraper means the choosable scraper sites in the search dialog like IMDB, TheMovieDatabase, OFDB, Moviemeter, etc.... - not another program Wink

In the menu you'll find a bug reporting formular, where you could describe your issue, and upload all the log/config-files.
Do that after you had a problem, so we could hava a look into it Smile

And yes, since your movies are all german, set the scraper language to that...

tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
[Image: project_thin_badge.gif]
find quote
Dirki Offline
Fan
Posts: 542
Joined: Aug 2012
Reputation: 0
Post: #13
Quote:In the menu you'll find a bug reporting formular, where you could describe your issue, and upload all the log/config-files.
Do that after you had a problem, so we could hava a look into it
That's nice. Is it a log like this one: tmm.2014-04-01.0.log.gz? Could I paste it here or paste a link to it?

Many thanks.

XBMC 13.1 Gotham returns, Win 7
find quote