lirc remote freezes
Exclamation 
I Set Up An IR Remote For My Raspbmc

I'm Using The TSOP4838 IR Receiver

At First Every Thing is Works Perfectly .. But After A While Every Morning I Have To Restart The Raspbmc , Unplug All The GPIO pins And Then Re-insert Them Or Else It Wont Work.

The Thing Is That Before I Do That Open Putty And send Dmesg and check if My Rpi Still detects the IR Receiver and it does

Anyone Has Any Idea What I Could Do To Stop This ?

Your Help Would Be Much Appreciated Big Grin
Funny thing - I have almost the same issue.
It seems that lirc goes into sleep at nights too and becomes inactive/or very hard to wake up the next morning. I use two IR remotes (both configured in the conf) and interestingly - it takes only few button presses on one remote to 'wake up' the lirc and button mashing (10+++ presses) on the other to wake up. Once it 'wakes up' it continues to operate normally and reacts to every single press just fine for atleast 6 hours. Never really bothered digging into the issue myself since it usually fixes itself after 5 seconds of button mashing every morning.

EDIT: I use the same IR Receiver.
The Weird Thing I Discovered This Morning Is That When The Remote Is Close Enough To The Receiver It Works Fine .. But It Takes A Reboot And A Few Minutes To Get It Working From A Distance
@hmbay: Just wondering, but why are you capitalising every word in every sentence? I just can't be bothered to read it...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
lirc remote freezes0