Solved XBMC 13 beta2 audio passthrough issue
Hello,

after long time of using Frodo I finally installed 13 beta2 on windows 8. I use xbmc on htpc conneted via pioneer received to both 2d tv and 2d/3d projector. I have an audio issue concerning with passthrough audio to my pioneer recieiver which I never had with Frodo. After I set audio as passthrough and check dolby digital and dts boxes all I always get is stereo sound. I checked both on spdif optical cable and hdmi.

If you need any more information please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Maciek
debug log (wiki)
perhaps screenshots of your settings and som info about your computer(HTPC)
LibreElec Kodi | Aeon MQ ?
(2014-03-31, 17:12)TRaSH Wrote: debug log (wiki)
perhaps screenshots of your settings and som info about your computer(HTPC)

Hi,

I made printscreens - find them here https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B2uRU...Eo3Qm1BX2M

I also installed beta3 version but nothing changed concerning digital audio passthrough. As I wrote before - no problems whatsoever in xbmc 12 (any version) perheps maybe that in 12 versions I had more options visible (like DTS and DD HD as separate lines) but I don't believe that it has anything to do with the problem.

My htpc is based on ASROCK AMD A50M Mini-ITX E350M1 and runs on windows 8.1

Maciek
and if you choose wasapi?

also provide Debug Log
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Moved to the correct subforum.
(2014-04-02, 10:40)Martijn Wrote: and if you choose wasapi?

also provide Debug Log

Hi,

I added xbmc.log file in here https://drive.google.com/#folders/0B2uRU...Eo3Qm1BX2M

I also yesterday tried (again) disconnect in windows 8 hdmi in Sound section so only SPDIF is available, and the result in xbmc was obviously that in audio secion only SPDIF WASABI or SPDIF DIRECTSOUND is available - both played only as stereo on my receiver so no vicory there...
If you upload logs to xbmclogs and pictures to imgur instead of using a service that requires people to log in first you might get better response. Also be sure to follow the howto on passthrough audio: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=146911
You have an EDID problem on your system for the HDMI as it's being reported as 2 channels capability only.

Try setting Number of Channels to 2.0 to see if that improves things, then carry out the following.

1. Check your drivers.

a. Are you using Realtek drivers or AMD drivers for audio? It looks to me you might be using Realtek which is wrong, however I can't be sure with the device name not in English, for AMD GPU's you should always use the AMD High Definition Audio drivers for audio over HDMI.

b. In Device Manager look under "Sound, video and game controllers" do you have anything like "Cyfrowe urządzenie audio" or "Urządzenie zgodne ze standardem High Definition Audio"

Right click and device and select "Properties" and see what do you have for "Driver Provider" here

2. What does Windows show for the Sound settings here:

and here

3. Check your AVR.

a. In "System Setup -> HDMI Setup" make sure "Control" is set to "Off"

b. In "Audio parameter" settings make sure "HDMI" is set to "Amp"

4. In XBMC make sure to select the WASAPI - HDMI option.
(2014-04-03, 12:13)jjd-uk Wrote: You have an EDID problem on your system for the HDMI as it's being reported as 2 channels capability only.

Try setting Number of Channels to 2.0 to see if that improves things, then carry out the following.

1. Check your drivers.

a. Are you using Realtek drivers or AMD drivers for audio? It looks to me you might be using Realtek which is wrong, however I can't be sure with the device name not in English, for AMD GPU's you should always use the AMD High Definition Audio drivers for audio over HDMI.

b. In Device Manager look under "Sound, video and game controllers" do you have anything like "Cyfrowe urządzenie audio" or "Urządzenie zgodne ze standardem High Definition Audio"

Right click and device and select "Properties" and see what do you have for "Driver Provider" here

2. What does Windows show for the Sound settings here:

and here

3. Check your AVR.

a. In "System Setup -> HDMI Setup" make sure "Control" is set to "Off"

b. In "Audio parameter" settings make sure "HDMI" is set to "Amp"

4. In XBMC make sure to select the WASAPI - HDMI option.

Hi,

I made it work yesterday evening. Here is what I did. I went to windows sound options first and found option to test dts and dd there. Firstly I once again changed audio digital out to SPDIF (optical). And there it worked - dts and dd appeared on my receiver so I thought to myself that the problem is purly xbmc.
What I did, I deleted guisettings.xml and after lauching it again I had default settings. I enebled passthrough and I chosed WASABI SPDIF instead of DIRECTSOUND and it magically worked.

Thank you for your help,

Maciek
Marked as solved
I was having the same issue as this - I was selecting WASAPI in the options but I was still getting stereo on my receiver. Solution was to edit guiconfig.xml manually - the default audio device was set to WASAPI SPDIF, but the passthrough device was stuck on DIRECTSOUND SPDIF. I just copied and paste the value from one place to the other and now it works.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13 beta2 audio passthrough issue0