[RELEASE] London Live plugin
This is my fault, cross urls. I thought I had fixed it, guess not. Will look into it tonight. Have also created a repo so updates will be automatic.
Which version of the plugin are you using?
This should be fixed in 0.4

Currently trying to work out how to publish updates via the repo, this will make life a lot easier, but for now has made things a lot more difficult.
Okay, turns out ive been crap with version control which has caused this.

The problem is sorted, but i'd like to get it pushed out via the repo if at all possible.
I am doing some testing tonight.

If you want to edit this manually to make it correct, the file you need to edit is addon.py

the line
Code:
li.setProperty('fanart_image', 'fanart.jpg')

should be replaced with

Code:
li.setProperty('fanart_image', 'http://whitenoisehq.co.uk/llfanart.jpg')

You can either update this manually, or wait a day or two (hopefully) for me to work out how to process updates via the repo.
Will post up the repo file when its ready for use. Currently, its just introducing more issues with version numbers.
The plug-in has stopped working tonight, the streaming URL's are still working, can anyone help please?
Well I have no idea what went wrong but I ended up wiping the system and upgrading to Kodi (nice timing from OpenELEC team), running the zip install and it works again.

What was really peculiar is I also tried wiping the system and restoring a backup from a couple of months back and that didn't work either, so I suspect something was being updated that broke this plugin. Anyway, a fresh install fixed it.

How easy would it be to get this on a repo for others to enjoy?
Well its still working, so LL clearly dont have a problem with us using the stream.
Had a few hundred downloads of the plugin.

I never quite cracked how to setup a repo, will take another look at it this week.
I got the repo working initially, but couldn't update through it, so was pointless...
Thank you for the add on.
working well.
Unfortunately it's broken for me again, exactly the same as before. Each time I try to play, I get the 'unable to start' message. This is on a clean Openelec 4.95.2 install (using Kodi Helix). Worked fine for a few days then back to broken.

I haven't updated anything so I'm not sure what has happened.

Here's my log: http://pastebin.com/FBcXcQur - hope this helps pin down what the issue is.

(I have tried opening the stream at http://bcoveliveios-i.akamaihd.net/hls/l...aster.m3u8 which is in my log but that won't open, could this be the problem?)

Update - seems the problem is with that stream, just checked http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/h...aster.m3u8 and it's reported as down for everyone. Can others confirm?
And we're back today. Seems to be a problem with their URL, they don't seem in any sort of rush to fix things there which annoys me, I'm a Londoner and just can't get it through an aerial that's all, I have a dish but it's on a Sky receiver with no active subscription so although their channel shows up on 117 on Sky I still can't get it as I don't pay Sky.

Bit arrogant of the channel really, making it hard to receive with an unreliable web service. You'd think given their low audience figures they'd be a bit more proactive about encouraging viewers.
Strange, i am not seeing these issues.
The stream looks to have been fairly stable for me, but im not watching it much to be honest.

I can add alternative streams to the plugin, but usually if one has gone down, all will be affected as i guess they dont have split redundancy on the streams.
it has not been working for me from yesterday evening.
Thank you.
Working fine for me tonight, problem is London Live's streams are terrible and they just aren't serious about an online presence. It's annoying as their Freeview reception for me is a no-go, I have a Sky receiver but don't subscribe so I can't watch by satellite either. When peak viewing is happening their streams buffer all the time.

I have no problems with the BBC iPlayer or ITV Player. Best thing I can suggest is either tweet them or email them and point them to this thread. Their viewing figures aren't great but some of the programmes aren't too bad so it really surprises me the lack of effort they have pushing any platform other than Freeview.

The problem they quote for satellite is overlap reception outside the UK. It's not just a London problem, all the other stations on satellite quote the same issue. Yet BBC and ITV get around this with spot beams, so I don't understand why the local channels cannot do the same. That would at least mean people in my situation could start to see them via satellite when they stop encryption.

Plus they're all partly backed by the BBC in one way or another so I don't see why this cannot be possible with Auntie's influence to get them on a spot beam.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] London Live plugin0