Release XBMC 13.0 Gotham – Beta 3 Returns

Once again with Beta 3 we are looking at almost entirely fixes rather than features.
Still, many of those fixes are worth mentioning in an abbreviated change log, and at least one is worth bringing up by name.

Read the full blog post here: XBMC 13.0 Gotham – Beta 3 Returns
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
I have no sound in windows with passthrough. I had it working in beta 2/1.

Cheers

This is what I get in the log.

Code:
17:32:57 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_DTSHD" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display Audio)" seems to be not supported.
17:32:57 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_TRUEHD" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display Audio)" seems to be not supported.
17:32:57 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_EAC3" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display Audio)" seems to be not supported.
17:32:57 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_DTS" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display Audio)" seems to be not supported.
17:32:57 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_AC3" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display Audio)" seems to be not supported.
17:32:57 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_AAC" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display Audio)" seems to be not supported.
17:32:57 T:4492  NOTICE: CAESinkWASAPI::EnumerateDevicesEx: data format "AE_FMT_LPCM" on device "SAMSUNG (Intel(R) Display Audio)" seems to be not supported.

And I also get this:

Code:
17:32:57 T:3868  NOTICE: load settings...
17:32:57 T:3868  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://xbmc/system/advancedsettings.xml)
17:32:57 T:3868  NOTICE: No settings file to load (special://masterprofile/advancedsettings.xml)
17:32:57 T:3868  NOTICE: Default DVD Player: dvdplayer
17:32:57 T:3868  NOTICE: Default Video Player: dvdplayer
17:32:57 T:3868  NOTICE: Default Audio Player: paplayer
17:32:57 T:3868  NOTICE: Disabled debug logging due to GUI setting. Level 0.
17:32:57 T:3868  NOTICE: Log level changed to 0

Even tough I have an advancedsettings file (with debug log enabled) in user data directory.

Full log here: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=163808
2 Bugs on Windows 8.1 x64 with 8Gb RAM, i7-3700s (using on-cpu graphics via HDMI to a Sony TV via a Onkyo Amplifier), 128Gb OCZ Vector SSD, Logitech MK360 keyboard and M570 Trackball (in case hardware could be the issue) and very little else installed. Videos come from a samba share on a separate file server:

1) If fullscreen mode is using fake fullscreen (i.e. not full screen, but in a window that takes up the whole screen), the Windows (not XBMC) mouse cursor is visible in the centre of the screen only when playing videos. Moving it out of the way causes it to just go back to the centre when you play a new video.

2) Using true fullscreen mode XBMC seems to have a memory leak, as windows will pop up with a warning after a few minutes asking you to close it due to it using too much memory, or it will just close itself (sometimes even just minimise suddenly, for some strange reason).

As far as I can tell, everything seems to be working okay.

Hope this is of help.
Alex
Got the "low memory" stuff here too - seems like the "low memory" warnings are false, by wich I mean there is no overusage or lack of available memory overhead. Several other applications and many games are affected by this under Win 8.1. Not all fullscreen games and apps are affected though - thus XBMC must be triggering it in some way or another.

Got rid of them by deactivating the "low memory" warnings - but that is not really an advisable solution.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
How about you post ONE thread with instructions instead of posting the same thing in different threads 3 times?
Is the somebody who can answer me when the skip forward/ backward will be supported in archived tvstreams?
hey , i have been looking in the changelogs and all around the internet,,,for some explanation on whether or not amd/ati will have better support in gotham ...does any one know anything besides the " Radeon OSS with vdpau "

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC 13.0 Gotham – Beta 3 Returns1