Custom Timer Quit not Powerdown Help
I have been trying to make XBMC NOT shutdown the computer, but quit the program (or even better, just stop playing) with the custom shutdown timer. I am told that in DialogButtonMenu.xml I can change "XBMC.Shutdown" to "XBMC.Stop". In the Dialogbuttonmenu.xml for confluence, I can see where to put the option in confluence, but not so for Aeon. Where is this setting located so I can change it? I am basically trying to put on an audiobook, and fall asleep, and have XBMC quit, not shut off the computer, because then I can't turn it back on with the remote. And because audiobook is playing, the idle timer wont work either.
I am using the instructions on this thread, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=139029 but they don't seem to apply for Aeon. Anyone have any idea where this setting is? HELP!
You can change the shut down function within XBMC settings.

Does this not do the trick?
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

No, it ignores this setting and shuts down the computer every time.

That's the first thing I did. The strange thing is, when I hit Shutdown from the main menu, it quits. But when done with the custom timer, it shuts down the computer every time. If you look in ButtonDialogMenu.xml in any other skin you can see the lines which control this setting. They are not in the same file for Aeon

If you look into your skin.confluence folder, then open ButtonDialogMenu.xml you can see about halfway down (I believe it's button ID4) it has the setting for custom shutdown. You can change the command to quit instead of shutdown. But when I open this file in the Aeon directory, it is a MUCH different file, and does not have the same setting. I guess what I need to find out is: where does Aeon pull this setting from? It has to use the AlarmClock command, but I cannot find it the ButtonDialogMenu.xml file in Aeon, which mean it's in another file

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Timer Quit not Powerdown Help0