MCE Remote with XBMC on Win7
For the most part, the basic functions of the MCE remote work with XBMC, but I'm having two frustrations.

The first is when I go to search for something inside the interface and the keyboard pops up on the screen. I was hoping the MCE remote would move the "cursor" or whatever is highlighted so I could type using the on screen keyboard. My MCE remote is not able to move the highlighted key so I can type using the on screen keyboard. Is there a trick to getting that to work? Maybe a setting that allows me to move the selected key using my remote?

Second, whenever I use the MCE remote and press the power button, it puts the computer to sleep. XBMC does NOT like that, and when the PC comes back from sleep, I get some serious errors that are resolved only by rebooting the PC. Any idea why this would happen?

And before someone claims this might be an isolated incident, I have two HTPC's with similar hardware and setup (Both with MCE remotes), and both have the exact same problems.

Thanks for your help!
Hi Oldschool,

Have a look at this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...tegamer360
I installed elitegamer360's software for my MCE remote after being frustrated with buttons not working properly. Now everything works sweet!

Good luck

Edit - I used the auto installer method.
I'll look into it - thanks customx86.

Does it play well with the native MCE functions? I use a different software to get the remote to behave with Windows Media Center on Win7 and Media Browser.
So, all I had to do really was ENABLE "Remote Control Sends Keyboard Presses" in Settings_> System_> Input Devices. Then I was able to move the cursor inside the keyboard (although for some reason, the exit button doesn't work inside the keyboard screen, but it works everywhere else).

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

PS - any idea on the shutdown issue??
Maybe try changing the behavior of the "Sleep" button in windows power options, change it do "Do nothing"
Use the mcemapper tool in my signature and change the power button to something else like 'S' which will show the shutdown menu.
Re: sleep problems. I haven't had any problems with sleep and XBMC (12.3). I'm using a Harmony rather than my MCE remote, but I've loaded the Microsoft Media Center PC and Media Center Keyboard devices to get discreet codes. Using the "Power Toggle" flips the machine in and out of sleep mode and I've never had problems with XBMC waking up correctly. You might want to see what the sleep settings on your PC are set to as there is a more aggressive sleep mode (S5 maybe?) that might be a problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE Remote with XBMC on Win70