Toonami Aftermath - How to and questions for the dev community
Rainbow 
Hey guys. I got my raspberry pi last week and am really loving openElec. I'm blown away by all the great free content out there.

Toonami reminds me of a bygone age when I used to think I knew how to skateboard, hurt myself on said skateboard, and crawl inside and watch tv. Toonamiaftermath.com seemed like it would be a great addition to my list of content and so I instantly went about looking for a xbmc video plugin for it. No dice. I set about tracking down what sort of stream was set up and realized while inspecting various objects that it just uses Justin.tv for streaming.

The easiest way I found to grab the channel name is just by watching the GET data from the console in firefox as seen below:

Using xbmc with the justin tv plugin, it's not that difficult to add the stream

AND THAT'S ALL SUPER COOL! Temporarily.

This next bit is for prospective devs:

First and foremost, you'll end up with an ugly pink line running down the right side.

I'm not entirely sure what can be done about this other than changing your video calibration settings and forcing that stuff outside the window. Maybe someone smarter than me has a better idea. Anyone know of anything that can be done either with a script or within xbmc?

Another problem is that due to the nature of the channel, Toonami aftermath (seemingly seamlessly) changes channels all the time. In other words, the channel they're using now may very well not be the channel they are using tomorrow. If someone were to want to make a fancy pants plugin it would require some server side work where the latest channel was scraped (or maybe there is a more elegant method that I'm not aware of) and the latest stream and channel were updated in a list that was made available to the end user.

I hope that made sense.

Discuss.Nod

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Toonami Aftermath - How to and questions for the dev community1