Freezing on OE beta 3
Quote:21:08:48 T:139766414043008 ERROR: unmatched parentheses in Skin.HasSetting(W_condition_image))

I cannot help, if you don't do what you are told to do. Use confluence skin, remove that script and reproduce with debugging enabled via advancedsettings.xml (to not have that debug OSD on your screen all the time).
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I posted a debug log of when I froze running Confluence. I didn't uninstall that skin and script though. I'll try that though too. I wonder if it's some problem with my network. I can browse to the shares just fine on the OE boxes but on my main PC when I go to Network, it doesn't show all my machines and NAS like it used to. I also can't browse SMB on it using XBMC installed on it. Related?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
After a lot of research, it seems that one of my OE boxes was setting itself as master browser. I think that might have been causing a network problem which would make the systems hang. I made the samba.conf's say NO to master browser and turned it on for my NAS and now I can browse the network on my computer. I'll update the thread if this fixed it.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Well, I still haven't had a freeze since I disabled master browser on both my OE machines. Devs - does the log show anything about the network causing any issue?
Update, I've been running for over a week and not had a single freeze. This is after I disabled master browser on both my OE boxes. It must have causing some network battle that caused lockups.
(2014-04-13, 06:37)patseguin Wrote: Update, I've been running for over a week and not had a single freeze. This is after I disabled master browser on both my OE boxes. It must have causing some network battle that caused lockups.

Well, Its just a guessing game because you didnt do what was asked.

Did you wonder why your last 5 posts didnt get a response?

If you're going to flat out refuse help from people that know, then why bother posting?
(2014-04-13, 06:44)FishOil Wrote:
(2014-04-13, 06:37)patseguin Wrote: Update, I've been running for over a week and not had a single freeze. This is after I disabled master browser on both my OE boxes. It must have causing some network battle that caused lockups.

Well, Its just a guessing game because you didnt do what was asked.

Did you wonder why your last 5 posts didnt get a response?

If you're going to flat out refuse help from people that know, then why bother posting?

I did precisely what was asked. I ran with Confluence and the script and other skin removed completely. I even posted a debug log 4/5 16:16. This was with Confluence disabled and debug logging enabled in advanced settings. At what point do you think I didn't do what was asked?

I don't see a single post from you so I don't even know why you are saying this.

I posted this to let people know what the solution was, not to be told "If you're going to flat out refuse help from other people". Where in the heck are you getting that?

Posted by patseguin - 2014-04-05 16:16
OK another freeze after watching a movie using Confluence:

http://pastebin.com/yk8xrNLs
You dindt do as asked at all.

You dont seem to understand or maybe you do, but here it is -- irrespective of skin in use this script/addon is still loaded as it shows on your last log

11:14:31 T:140203402446592 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### TV Show - Next Aired starting background proc (6.0.7)
12:59:00 T:140203402446592 NOTICE: script.tv.show.next.aired: ### NextAired version changed from 6.0.7 to 6.0.7+ -- starting a replacement background proc

etc and goes on in the og you just posted.

Remove script.tv.show.next.aired

You were asked in http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1673529 and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1673617 and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1673852 and http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1674135 and script is still on...

No, Im not telling you off, so please dont have some fit, Im only letting you know of what's been repeated here several times and you insist you have when the logs you post show you havent. Wink
I'm not having a fit. I was asked to run on Confluence and post a log if it locked, which it did and I posted the log. I also removed all skins and that script and still had lockups. The script maker by the way said it was preposterous to think that his script would cause XBMC lock ups.

I thought I would help the group and post that the issue was OpenElec boxes fight for master browser, not any skin or script. I don't see any need to keep ragging on me that I didn't follow instructions when the only reason for my last post was to let people know what caused the issue in order to help anyone else. It seems to have been an OpenElec issue and not an XBMC issue.

Please lock this thread as it's really not productive anymore.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Freezing on OE beta 30