moving from SD to USB3 with all settings
Hello,
What is the best way to copy all my settings, repos, addons etc from RPi with SD card to overclock RPi running on USB3?
I am wondering if I make a back up using openelec with my current settings, setups etc and then restore back up to new installed RPi with USB3 and restore from that file, will it work?
If not is any other way I can use my current configuration with new setup (with USB)?

Thanks,

koze
(2014-04-01, 22:06)koze Wrote: I am wondering if I make a back up using openelec with my current settings, setups etc and then restore back up to new installed RPi with USB3 and restore from that file, will it work?

Should do, you just need the contents of the /storage directory (and all subdirectories).

(2014-04-01, 22:06)koze Wrote: If not is any other way I can use my current configuration with new setup (with USB)?

I'd just close down xbmc.bin, then copy the /storage directory (and all sub-dirs) to your USB3 drive, something similar to:
Code:
cd /storage
systemctl stop xbmc.service
cp -rp . /media/<your-usb-drive>

then reconfigure the Pi to use your USB drive for storage (change disk= in /flash/cmdline.txt).
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
How do I close down xbmc.bin?
Can I SSH with WinSCP and copy all storage directory to new location?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
moving from SD to USB3 with all settings0