The Colbert Report - Full Episodes... Vanished?
Am I the only one getting Colbert Report withdrawal pains?

I haven't used this plug-in (out of the main XBMC repository) for quite some time now, but I neglected to DVR last night's episode on my Comcast box, and I was really hoping to view it through the XBMC add-on. But when I click on the "Full Episodes", there's nothing there... just an empty list.

The Daily Show is still OK however, the only caveat is that in that case, the latest episode available is from March 27th. (One wonders what happened to the March 31st episode.)

P.S. When I first noticed the Colbert problem, I checked for add-on updates, and the "Update" button was greyed out, so I assume there are no fresher versions than the one I already had installed some time ago. However just in case, I de-installed and then reinstalled the Colbert add-on, and the problems of there being -zero- Full Episodes still persists.
(2014-04-02, 08:11)ronbaby Wrote: Am I the only one getting Colbert Report withdrawal pains?

I haven't used this plug-in (out of the main XBMC repository) for quite some time now, but I neglected to DVR last night's episode on my Comcast box, and I was really hoping to view it through the XBMC add-on. But when I click on the "Full Episodes", there's nothing there... just an empty list.

The Daily Show is still OK however, the only caveat is that in that case, the latest episode available is from March 27th. (One wonders what happened to the March 31st episode.)

P.S. When I first noticed the Colbert problem, I checked for add-on updates, and the "Update" button was greyed out, so I assume there are no fresher versions than the one I already had installed some time ago. However just in case, I de-installed and then reinstalled the Colbert add-on, and the problems of there being -zero- Full Episodes still persists.

Since Comedy Central reorganised their website both the Daily Show and Colbert Report addons stopped working.

The Daily Show addon has now been updated.
However, it appears to have some problems with episode ordering.
The episode for March 31 is there but it is at the bottom of the episode list instead of at the top above the episode from March 27.

Colbert addon has yet to be updated.
Thank you. It is at least comforting to know that it isn't just a local/personal problem.

If you could post again to this thread when the Colbert plug-in has been updated, I, for one, sure would appreciate it.
The USTV VoD plugin now has updates which make the Daily Show and Colbert report work. For the last, it might still be needed to get the latest file from github, 'cause there has been no release since I pushed to fixes. Just replace the file /resources/lib/comedy.py with the one from github if it is not yet working.
Thank you. I updated both plug-ins from the main XBMC repository last night and everything is back to working perfectly again. I'm a happy camper!
I'm having the same problem with my colbert. I tried updating the add-on as well but no luck. What "plug-in" are you talking about that fixed the problem. Sorry but I'm a super novice...just learning XBMC. Appreciate the help.
(2014-10-01, 05:16)dkondrac Wrote: I'm having the same problem with my colbert. I tried updating the add-on as well but no luck. What "plug-in" are you talking about that fixed the problem. Sorry but I'm a super novice...just learning XBMC. Appreciate the help.

the post you are responding to is from six months ago.
Currently, both Colbert and Daily Show plugins are broken in XBMC. They are both from the same developer although for some reason only The Daily Show has been marked as "broken" in the repo.

edit: there are alternatives if you wish to view those two channels in XBMC (1Channel, Genesis (formerly GOTV), USTVNow etc)
Hi,

First, what the hell are you talking about. Second, how do I do that?

I want to download a Colbert Report episode where he interviews Brian Moore, a third-party candidate, and put it on the Internet Archive.
(2023-01-18, 18:40)RightBuggerOff Wrote: Hi,

First, what the hell are you talking about. Second, how do I do that?

I want to download a Colbert Report episode where he interviews Brian Moore, a third-party candidate, and put it on the Internet Archive.

Please tone down the attitude. Also note that you are responding to a thread that is over 8 years idle, so the chances of an answer may not be so high...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
The Colbert Report - Full Episodes... Vanished?0