Cannot remove XBMC
I installed Gotham B1 and it has worked fine with no issues at all but i started getting nags to move on to a newer version so i tried to update but was hit with lots of dependency issues so i tried to uninstall but got the same problem so i tried to manually uninstall using the command :rm -rfv /Applications/XBMC.frappliance.

This seemed to remove XBMC but when i go into Nito etc its showing its still installed and when i try to remove i still have a dependency error with : com.ih8sn0w-squiffy-winocm.p0sixspwn: Depends firmware (>=6.1.3) but is not installable
Depends:firmware(<7.0) but it is not installable

E;Unmet dependencies. try using -f

when you try to repair or remove it states that it cant as it will probably render the device unbootable..probably?

Any ideas how i can get XBMC back into my ATV2
FYI i tried to rejailbreak with season pass and season pass just kept stating ifaith/cydia is unavailable??

Can anyone help please??
Try:

apt-get remove org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2 -f
apt-get install org.xbmc.xbmc-atv2
Thanks Ned , This doesn't work it wants to remove :
com.ih8sn0w-squiffy-winocm.p0sixspwn: Depends firmware (>=6.1.3) but is not installable
Depends:firmware(<7.0) but it is not installable

E;Unmet dependencies. try using -f

But this refuses to uninstall as it will render the device unbootable so im stuck

Nito and Maintenance state XBMC is still installed even though the XBMC icon has been removed attempting to remove via these options fail with the same problem.

anyway I can manually remove XBMC so I can re-install?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot remove XBMC0