• 15(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
It definitely looks like netflix is in HD. I watched some of Mad Men that is HD and SuperHD and it does not look low res to me. But there is really now way for me to know for sure.
Anyone tried using the voice search for searching in an addon such as youtube?
The voice search only works with Amazon's built in search. Basically, it's part of the "launcher" and doesn't interact with any apps. Even downloading the YouTube app from Amazon, you search with the on-screen letters. Trying to use the voice search doesn't type into that field. Same works fort xbmc.
(2014-04-03, 23:46)garvani Wrote: Khaosx. Can you flip it over and see if theres voltage information somewhere? Im looking for 220-240v
Mate the advertising seems to show a power brick, so if it is 110v only you can go down to Jaycar and grab the right one.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I haven't seen a power supply not handling both 110v & 220-240v in at least 10 years Wink
I'm highly considering ordering this over the Pivos Xios. However, I have a few questions.

1. Does this box have the same functionality as the Pivos Xios?
2. Is it or will it be capable of streaming live TV?
3. Can I access my network files and play them?
Do not order Pivox Xios. Does not work very well here. WLAN-Streaming is a real mess.
I am a very disappointed user of the XIOS.
Hope the Amazon Fire tv will be able to handle XBMC much better. More reviews are very welcome.
Well, I currently use an Asus HDP-R1 to stream movies from my network drive and the lack of apps such as Hulu, Netflix etc. is just frustrating. I've been looking for something that's able to offer a more complete package. Hopefully some more reviews come forward.
For those checking to verify that SuperHD works, search Netflix for "23.976" and select the first option that comes up. It's a test video that has the current bitrate and resolution burnt directly into the video. SuperHD should top out at 5800kbps and 1920x1080.
Could you try the following test build to see if it solves the "green" effect with mediacodec, please.
http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Please send a log if it doesn't work.

[EDIT]
Updated the build

[EDIT 2]
...and again
I'll be watching this closely. I currently use an AppleTV 2 and it would be nice to replace this with something more capable that can also do XBMC.
Is XBMC capable to output a proper 5.1 sound over optical audio? I guess it would have to be AC3 or DTS?
I read all posts and I will hold the purchase till everything is sorted out, please keep us updated with your experiences. Thanks.
After a night of playing with it I'm about to return it. I'm just not happy with how it plays local content (yeah thats not one of its advertised features, but still). Netflix, amazon prime video all work great. Plex stutters and XBMC just isn't ready yet. There is a 30 day return window for full refund so I'll decide over the next week or so what I'm going to do. But right now I'm coming from a boxee box. It crashes a lot but it plays everything and has airplay and netflix. So basically I'm gaining a faster box that doesn't play everything natively. Gaining amazon prime video. I'm losing being able to play everything and airplay. Decisions decisions.
(2014-04-04, 14:58)MrMichaelJames Wrote: After a night of playing with it I'm about to return it. I'm just not happy with how it plays local content (yeah thats not one of its advertised features, but still). Netflix, amazon prime video all work great. Plex stutters and XBMC just isn't ready yet. There is a 30 day return window for full refund so I'll decide over the next week or so what I'm going to do. But right now I'm coming from a boxee box. It crashes a lot but it plays everything and has airplay and netflix. So basically I'm gaining a faster box that doesn't play everything natively. Gaining amazon prime video. I'm losing being able to play everything and airplay. Decisions decisions.

Not trying to be an ass but it just launched, give it a week or two and see what is tweaked then return if you still don't like it.
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10