• 179(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
Where can I find the latest on which IR receiver to get? I need to get this working with my Harmony. I see an ortek mentioned, but which one?
(2014-05-18, 17:33)Dealwagon Wrote: Where can I find the latest on which IR receiver to get? I need to get this working with my Harmony. I see an ortek mentioned, but which one?
http://www.amazon.com/Ortek-Windows-Infr...te+control
(2014-05-18, 15:27)Gotabooboo Wrote:
(2014-05-18, 01:53)jocala Wrote: Since Father's day is approaching, I'd like to get a universal remote for FireTV. I'd like to mothball my TV remote and a original MCE remote too. I have the Ortech IR blaster, will either the Harmony 650 or 700 do what I need? I need to stay well south of $200.

Just spend the $ and buy the Ultimate Harmony Remote, http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B...er=&sr=8-3

Its touch screen and does IR - RF - and Bluetooth for every single device you could own. Plus you can use your smartphones to control them too.

Cheers

Does the harmony bluetooth pair with firetv as a remote?
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
Im having some issues with StepForward. While watching a video when i press step forward once, the video will jump to the spot in the show. But the moment i let go of the button it will jump back the beginning of the video and show 00:00. Essentially it will look like it will stutter and just go back to the beginning of the show.

If i hold down stepforward it will jump to the point but not to where i expect. So if i hold down stepforward until it says 9:00, when i let go it will jump to around the 8minute mark.

If i press the center select button. No matter where in the video i am. It will always say im at position 0

Anyone have any ideas? I thought it was my file, but it happens consistently. Also SPMC does not have the same issue on the same files
Did you get the context menu button to work with the Harmony remote? I've seen a couple of posts where people got everything working but the menu button. I kind of need that one. Smile
How do you delete a zip file not needed any more in sdcard? What would the adb command be? Below is the adb pushed file I'd like to delete.

C:\>adb push C:\XBMC\plugin.video.plexbmc-3.4.6beta2.zip /sdcard/
Use ftv file manager to delete it
There's no substitute for experience
(2014-05-18, 21:55)bluechris Wrote: Use ftv file manager to delete it
I am not seeing in the File Manager how to go about deleting this zip file from the sdcard.
Try "adb shell", then navigate to the directory " cd /"name of directory" ( cd /sdcard), then you can list folders/files with "ls -la", then to remove "rm <filename>". If it's a directory, "rm -r <directoryname>
(2014-05-18, 22:37)kozmo2k4 Wrote: Try "adb shell", then navigate to the directory " cd /"name of directory" ( cd /sdcard), then you can list folders/files with "ls -la", then to remove "rm <filename>". If it's a directory, "rm -r <directoryname>
Would it be possible for you to show how you would handle the adb push zip file below into easy steps for me to follow to delete from FTV. I am having a hard time understanding how the adb works.

(2014-05-18, 17:33)Dealwagon Wrote: Where can I find the latest on which IR receiver to get? I need to get this working with my Harmony. I see an ortek mentioned, but which one?

You cn get the Ortek or flirc will also work.

http://www.amazon.com/FLIRC-Dongle-Media...B00BB0ETW8
(2014-05-18, 20:35)rorschach76 Wrote: Im having some issues with StepForward. While watching a video when i press step forward once, the video will jump to the spot in the show. But the moment i let go of the button it will jump back the beginning of the video and show 00:00. Essentially it will look like it will stutter and just go back to the beginning of the show.

If i hold down stepforward it will jump to the point but not to where i expect. So if i hold down stepforward until it says 9:00, when i let go it will jump to around the 8minute mark.

If i press the center select button. No matter where in the video i am. It will always say im at position 0

Anyone have any ideas? I thought it was my file, but it happens consistently. Also SPMC does not have the same issue on the same files

i was having a similar issue and disabling mediacodec and enabling libstagefright in the hardware accel settings fixed it.
(2014-05-18, 23:01)mjbxx Wrote:
(2014-05-18, 22:37)kozmo2k4 Wrote: Try "adb shell", then navigate to the directory " cd /"name of directory" ( cd /sdcard), then you can list folders/files with "ls -la", then to remove "rm <filename>". If it's a directory, "rm -r <directoryname>
Would it be possible for you to show how you would handle the adb push zip file below into easy steps for me to follow to delete from FTV. I am having a hard time understanding how the adb works.

Try this:

C:\> adb shell rm /sdcard/plugin.video.plexbmc-3.4.6beta2.zip

That's all
Any update on the launcher submitted to Amazon?
Anybody have any luck at all with RCB on Gotham and FireTV?

It's my first try doing this and followed instructions that were verified with Ouya, but can't get it to work. I thought maybe you can't run it over NAS... But after changing the paths to local it still didn't work. Wouldnt launch the emulator from within RCB.

Any reason why this wouldn't work on Firetv? Can't find any documentation anywhere...
  • 179(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10