• 18(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-04-04, 20:02)RKMFlorida Wrote:
(2014-04-04, 19:50)kalikid021 Wrote: - If you have XBMC set to scan on startup it seems to look like its scanning but goes nowhere. I have 2400 Feature length videos, and several thousand more 30-60min videos. It seemed to get up to 1844 Feature length in the scan but couldn't go further. Turned off scan at start up, initiated scan through UI and it finished adding the rest of the collection.

Have you tried reducing the elements used in the skin, to see if it requires less RAM usage to catalog your 2,400 videos?

For example, if you were to disable FanArt, Media Flags (the icons showing 720p, AC3, etc). I suppose the data being stored in memory may be the same none-the-less, I just wondered if it would make any difference.

Also, for outright performance, but not memory, you could also disable Visualizations. But I don't think this is an issue, just throwing it out there.

I haven't, though as I said, when I triggered a scan manually it worked and finished. I will turn on the start up scan again when I get home to see what the outcome is now that it has done a complete scan of the network folder(SMB).
This test build supersedes the previous one: [removed]
Would anyone mind trying Autostart to automatically start up XBMC to see if that works in lieu of sideloading?

I have a G-Box midnight 2.2, and before I set up Autostart to load XBMC 1 minute after the G-box Midnight booted up which worked fine.
(2014-04-04, 20:43)RGB_Gamer Wrote: Would anyone mind trying Autostart to automatically start up XBMC to see if that works in lieu of sideloading?

I have a G-Box midnight 2.2, and before I set up Autostart to load XBMC 1 minute after the G-box Midnight booted up which worked fine.

I'm going to test autopilot in a few hours when I get home
(2014-04-04, 20:42)Koying Wrote: This test build supersedes the previous one: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

Hey Koying, what are your initial thoughts of the choppy playback with xbmc on this unit? Is it something that you pretty much know the fix based on all your knowledge with xbmc?
(2014-04-04, 20:42)Koying Wrote: This test build supersedes the previous one: http://mirrors.xbmc.org/test-builds/andr...bi-v7a.apk

I'll be available for testing tonight. Are you available via IRC or IM, by any chance?
Question about xbmc on this. Anyways to point xbmc at a mysql server running on a nas in order to keep usage on the firetv itself down to a minimum? Also how to load a repository installer plugin without being able to install from a zip file?

A little different (you don't always get the green screen, but usually), either green screen followed by blank screen with audio, or just blank screen with audio, until you skip forward. And then you'll either get 'loads of artifacts, especially if OSD is up', or non-smooth playback to some extent.

I left both mediacodec and libstagefright enabled for this. Let me know if I should do anything different.

PMing you my logs as I can't skim them right now to make sure there's no personal info in there.
So what's the verdict?
(2014-04-04, 21:00)Abshole Wrote: So what's the verdict?

It's been out for not even a week yet. There is no verdict. You can see the thread is 17 pages long....

Come back in a month or two for an actual verdict.
Hi, folks. Just received my Fire TV and did a few preliminary tests. So far....so good!

To install XBMC (I'm using the latest Frodo build), I followed these instructions:

1. https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/connect-adb.html
2. https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/app-install.html

I plugged in my Logitech K400. Keys and mouse both appear to work fine.

In my setup, I have a couple HDHomeRuns tuned to an OTA antenna. My house is wired with gigabit ethernet. I'm using MediaPortal to supply PVR functionality to XBMC clients throughout the house. So, the first thing I wanted to test was live TV. I've read lots of concerns about mpeg2 and Live TV support... I'm happy to report that it works!

My EPG data imported and displayed fine. Live TV HD channels work fine. Recordings of HD channels play fine.

Next, I plan on importing my movies and tv shows from a networked machine. Most of them are ripped DVDs in mp4 format. I'm not expecting to have any issues.

I might try the latest Gotham build over the weekend. That's all for now!
This is probably a whole separate can of worms, but is Airplay support in XBMC supposed to receive video as well as audio? I've never played with it before, so far it just seems to act like an audio receiver.
(2014-04-04, 20:59)thess Wrote: A little different (you don't always get the green screen, but usually), either green screen followed by blank screen with audio, or just blank screen with audio, until you skip forward. And then you'll either get 'loads of artifacts, especially if OSD is up', or non-smooth playback to some extent.
Thanks for the logs, new build on its way.

Re choppy playback, that's something difficult to debug without an actual device, unfortunately.
Probably a firmware issue, though...
(2014-04-04, 21:11)zod1976 Wrote: Hi, folks. Just received my Fire TV and did a few preliminary tests. So far....so good!

To install XBMC (I'm using the latest Frodo build), I followed these instructions:

1. https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/connect-adb.html
2. https://developer.amazon.com/sdk/asb/app-install.html

I plugged in my Logitech K400. Keys and mouse both appear to work fine.

In my setup, I have a couple HDHomeRuns tuned to an OTA antenna. My house is wired with gigabit ethernet. I'm using MediaPortal to supply PVR functionality to XBMC clients throughout the house. So, the first thing I wanted to test was live TV. I've read lots of concerns about mpeg2 and Live TV support... I'm happy to report that it works!

My EPG data imported and displayed fine. Live TV HD channels work fine. Recordings of HD channels play fine.

Next, I plan on importing my movies and tv shows from a networked machine. Most of them are ripped DVDs in mp4 format. I'm not expecting to have any issues.

I might try the latest Gotham build over the weekend. That's all for now!

zod1976, this is really exciting news to me, thanks for testing. Can you confirm that you were watching 1080i channels? I've noticed that some of the high-end Android devices can handle the 720p channels, but they start stuttering when you play a 1080i channel. I think it's because of the lack of hardware decoding and the CPU isn't quite strong enough to handle 1080i. I'm curious if the Fire TV can handle 1080i, and whether it's because it has a faster CPU or if it's actually enabled for hardware decoding.
(2014-04-04, 21:13)thess Wrote: This is probably a whole separate can of worms, but is Airplay support in XBMC supposed to receive video as well as audio? I've never played with it before, so far it just seems to act like an audio receiver.

I was able to view video via Airplay on the latest Gotham build. I think that Frodo might be the reason you are not getting video.
  • 18(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10