• 258(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
I am assuming it is easy fix but most people seem to be content with workaround. Are there any Skinner's out there that can fix this issue?
(2014-07-23, 22:28)heyredy141 Wrote: I really love Amber skin and would love to use it for its simplicity and vertical menu. It currently crashes whenever I click on Android Apps in XBMC 13.1 as well. I contacted the developer of the skin and he is not able to help as he does not have Android device. Source code can be found below.

https://github.com/pecinko/skin.amber

Help will be greatly appreciated.

My post (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...92&page=22 Post #219) to the XDA Dev Forum thread, as seen below, might be helpful.

Programs will crash on Amber, always has. You need to enable the Confluence skin for any Programs settings you need to make, then go back into Amber and all should work.

EDIT: Just realized that I tried helping heyredy141 in the XDA Dev Forums and that he is looking for another solution.
(2014-07-23, 22:54)heyredy141 Wrote: I am assuming it is easy fix but most people seem to be content with workaround. Are there any Skinner's out there that can fix this issue?

If you hang around here long enough, you'll learn that once a workaround is found, fixes don't come very fast.
(2014-07-23, 18:46)angeloaz Wrote:
(2014-07-23, 07:35)Richie Wrote:
(2014-07-23, 00:50)King_o_hill Wrote: It plays just fine on my PC with XBMC and my BR player

FireTV doesn't support VC-1 and Mpeg2 hardware decoding, so I was leaning towards that being an issue. The only stuttering/lag problems I've had is playing a VC-1 rip and 10bit rips.

I'm pretty sure the Fire TV does support MPEG2 decoding in hardware. Using libstagefright (stf-mpeg2 decoder), the CPU usage is no higher than H.264 decoding (stf-h264). (This has been discussed in this forum before).

I don't know why the Wiki still claims it doesn't -- as it's probably scaring people off from buying it that want to stream Live TV.

I've got no Mpeg2 to test with, so only noted that as that's what the Wiki said, but I've definitely tried VC-1 and it's a no go. I believe that there are standards such as Mpeg3 that are rolled into Mpeg2 that aren't supported, so maybe that's why it's in the wiki, it supports the normal Mpeg2 codec, but not the full suite of codecs rolled into the Mpeg2 standard?

(2014-07-23, 17:09)DaSingh Wrote: I dont know the exact sellers name but it was sent from London next day and cost me £110 about 2months ago. Everything works fine except amazon video content and netflix. Games work great, Plex works and more importantly XBMC is very good but I have to go through all the menus and enter pin to get to it as I dont want other users accidently paying for stuff!

I'm in Australia and usually use a freight forwarder for stuff from Amazon that they won't ship direct. It was going to cost me AU$165 to get it from Amazon plus shipping (without prime), I bought one off eBay for AU$130 including shipping, so worked out much cheaper. I dare say when they are released in hte UK,it'll be a 20-30% premium on the US$99 price.
(2014-07-22, 23:32)gizbug Wrote:
(2014-07-19, 16:34)bradwatson Wrote:
(2014-07-19, 01:02)gizbug Wrote: Now that I have my launcher automatically loading when I turn on my Fire TV, (it goes right to XBMC) is there a way to get back to the amazon home? I need to reconfigure my wireless network.....
Go to applications-> android apps then launch the kftv app. That's kindle fire TV...

Thanks, that was pretty easy.

How do I go about updating from 13.1 to 13.2 Beta 1? Do I need Android-ARM or Android-x86 version? Is there a guide on upgrading over 13.1 to this beta? Thanks

no one knows how to easily update to beta?
It's arm. Should be as simple as side loading new apk. I would backup your xbmc directory first as always.
(2014-07-24, 04:56)gizbug Wrote:
(2014-07-22, 23:32)gizbug Wrote:
(2014-07-19, 16:34)bradwatson Wrote: Go to applications-> android apps then launch the kftv app. That's kindle fire TV...

Thanks, that was pretty easy.

How do I go about updating from 13.1 to 13.2 Beta 1? Do I need Android-ARM or Android-x86 version? Is there a guide on upgrading over 13.1 to this beta? Thanks

no one knows how to easily update to beta?

Please read the wiki. Section 2.5 explains it well. I think the wiki should be required reading for xbmc on the fire tv. It really has a plethora of knowledge. Kudos to the community for such an amazing document.
Yeah. Seems like it. This issue has been around since Eden it looks like.

(2014-07-23, 23:29)AiRTiMe34 Wrote:
(2014-07-23, 22:54)heyredy141 Wrote: I am assuming it is easy fix but most people seem to be content with workaround. Are there any Skinner's out there that can fix this issue?

If you hang around here long enough, you'll learn that once a workaround is found, fixes don't come very fast.
So after three months of the Fire TV out what is the consensus? This thread moves so fast I can't keep up with you're post guys.

And awesome job on the wiki whom ever is doing it!

yes i am so close to pulling the trigger, its hard cause i can usually throw together a PC with a nice case for under 200. I want something that works well good appearance and relatively easy to run, kinda wife proof.
My HTPC AMD A8-3870K CPU/ SilverStone ML03B/ASRock MB-A75M /Seasonic SS-400ET/Corsair XMS3 4GB
(2014-07-24, 06:44)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: So after three months of the Fire TV out what is the consensus? This thread moves so fast I can't keep up with you're post guys.

I'm probably a typical user. I'm in the US, have about 10Tb of content, much downloaded via torrents, also much ripped from dvds/blurays, probably 50:50. My ftv is connected via optical to my receiver, 2 speakers in the front, 2 in the back, 1080p 60" TV.

I'm not an audiophile/videophile, I just want things to look good/sound good. And they do.

I have an Ion PC running OpenElec, as a backup. I'm using it less and less and less.
adbLink The Kodi Companion. Available for Windows, Mac & Linux.
(2014-07-24, 07:27)jocala Wrote:
(2014-07-24, 06:44)BORIStheBLADE Wrote: So after three months of the Fire TV out what is the consensus? This thread moves so fast I can't keep up with you're post guys.

I'm probably a typical user. I'm in the US, have about 10Tb of content, much downloaded via torrents, also much ripped from dvds/blurays, probably 50:50. My ftv is connected via optical to my receiver, 2 speakers in the front, 2 in the back, 1080p 60" TV.

I'm not an audiophile/videophile, I just want things to look good/sound good. And they do.

I have an Ion PC running OpenElec, as a backup. I'm using it less and less and less.

I have to agree with Jocala. 10 TB of content in various formats on my NAS wire conected to my FTV. I watch an a beamer that has HDMI to my Onkyo receiver, that has HDMI to my FTV.

Very pleased with speed, playback, stability! Been using FTV over 2 months now. Im in The Netherlands, so just xbmc. Previously I had a Apple tv 2, and the FTV has better everything. So for a cheap box that will play most of your content, id say you could not get better at this time.
(2014-07-24, 11:05)jobespierre Wrote:
(2014-07-24, 07:27)jocala Wrote:

I have to agree with Jocala. 10 TB of content in various formats on my NAS wire conected to my FTV. I watch an a beamer that has HDMI to my Onkyo receiver, that has HDMI to my FTV.

Very pleased with speed, playback, stability! Been using FTV over 2 months now. Im in The Netherlands, so just xbmc. Previously I had a Apple tv 2, and the FTV has better everything. So for a cheap box that will play most of your content, id say you could not get better at this time.

I'm basically in the same boat as these two. I've had mine shortly after release when I saw the video of xbmc working on it, and with a Prime membership it's icing on the cake. I wanted something a little stronger to replace one of my Pi's and so far it's doing a good job. I haven't had any major issues other than a little audio out of sync, but that went away after updating to 13.1. It passes the wife test! We'll see what new features Android TV brings and if Amazon does any upgrading to incorporate those.
(2014-07-24, 07:13)lagledavid Wrote: yes i am so close to pulling the trigger, its hard cause i can usually throw together a PC with a nice case for under 200. I want something that works well good appearance and relatively easy to run, kinda wife proof.

if all you want is xbmc i would think a chromebox would be a better choice. i love my fire tv because of all the other stuff i can do with it like prime, netflix, pandora, snes emulator, etc.
Just received my FTV. Will set things up tonight.

Simple question that I have. Should I use XBMC android ARM 13.1 or elmerohueso's modified package of XBMC 13.1?
  • 258(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10