• 261(current)
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC
(2014-07-26, 10:39)loplo Wrote:
(2014-07-26, 07:31)CuriousG Wrote:
(2014-07-26, 00:09)loplo Wrote: Hey guys.
I'm having major issues watching HD online streams lately. All of the known addons start playing pretty late after selecting the source, and after not even 5 minutes it starts buffering. My FTV is connected via ethernet cable, so I can't blame the wireless either.
I's not internet related, because I've checked on my Windows PC and everything loads and plays smooth.
Does anyone have any ideas what could I try to fix this issue?

How about mentioning what you're streaming? Amazon Prime? Netflix? Who your ISP is? If it's Verizon while using Netflix, there's your problem right there.

We're talking about XBMC, right? so it's neither one mentioned by you. I'm talking about ma$*up, I*eFilms, etc.

Those are not part of xbmc and are not supported on this forum. In fact they are forbidden. Go ask whoever you got them from, but it wasn't anywhere round here.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
That's why I didn't name them in my first message. Thanks anyway.
(2014-07-26, 12:31)loplo Wrote: That's why I didn't name them in my first message. Thanks anyway.

Well if you know they aren't allowed let alone supported why did you waste our bloody time asking?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-07-26, 11:21)jobespierre Wrote: Hi guys, maybe i'm missing something really stupid, but i can't seem to browse to the /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata folder from within the XBMC file manager.

Problem is have: it does not show me the ".xbmc" folder after I enter "files"

Im on elmerohueso's release with Ambers as skin.

Tx for the tips!

It's hidden, not sure you can make it show. You could sideload es file explorer on the Ftv and then access it there. You'll have to turn on the view hidden files.
(2014-07-26, 13:10)nickr Wrote:
(2014-07-26, 12:31)loplo Wrote: That's why I didn't name them in my first message. Thanks anyway.

Well if you know they aren't allowed let alone supported why did you waste our bloody time asking?

Are you OK?
(2014-07-26, 15:51)Tight_wad Wrote: Hi guys, maybe i'm missing something really stupid, but i can't seem to browse to the /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata folder from within the XBMC file manager.

In XBMC's File Manager select "Profile Directory". That's your userdata folder (within XBMC, it's referenced by the path special://profile).
cant seem to get the apk for youtube can you please help everything otherwise is great!
Go to settings/video/files/then toggle "show hidden files"
(2014-07-26, 17:50)elmerohueso Wrote:
(2014-07-26, 15:51)Tight_wad Wrote: Hi guys, maybe i'm missing something really stupid, but i can't seem to browse to the /sdcard/android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata folder from within the XBMC file manager.

In XBMC's File Manager select "Profile Directory". That's your userdata folder (within XBMC, it's referenced by the path special://profile).

(2014-07-27, 02:30)Canyaya Wrote: Go to settings/video/files/then toggle "show hidden files"
I am new to the forum, I am a long time Apple TV hacker and am loving the progress on the Fire TV. It is so much faster than my 3 other Apple TV 2's.

I have most of the things I need working but was wondering. Is there a way to use a set of Bluetooth Headphones/Headset on the Fire TV with XBMC running?

If I can get that to work, I am gonna sell all my Apple Tv's and buy some more Fire TV's

thanks for any help!!!
Hello everyone,

I just received my FTV yesterday and have XBMC (with launch hack) successfully installed.
However, I am getting very choppy playback on my Blu-ray rips in mkv and m2ts format.
These files are anywhere from 10GB to over 20GB in size.
I have already changed the all settings in 'Acceleration' with no success.
I have wired connection and my WD TV Live Plus was able to play these same files with no problem so I know my Internet service or my computer is not the problem.
Can anyone please suggest any more settings for me to change to play these files successfully?
I really love this player, but if I cannot play these files I will have to send it back.
Thanks in advance.
(2014-07-27, 03:54)duppa43 Wrote: I am new to the forum, I am a long time Apple TV hacker and am loving the progress on the Fire TV. It is so much faster than my 3 other Apple TV 2's.

I have most of the things I need working but was wondering. Is there a way to use a set of Bluetooth Headphones/Headset on the Fire TV with XBMC running?

If I can get that to work, I am gonna sell all my Apple Tv's and buy some more Fire TV's

thanks for any help!!!
In general bluetooth audio works in android. Have you tried?

(2014-07-27, 06:18)RVD26 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I just received my FTV yesterday and have XBMC (with launch hack) successfully installed.
However, I am getting very choppy playback on my Blu-ray rips in mkv and m2ts format.
These files are anywhere from 10GB to over 20GB in size.
I have already changed the all settings in 'Acceleration' with no success.
I have wired connection and my WD TV Live Plus was able to play these same files with no problem so I know my Internet service or my computer is not the problem.
Can anyone please suggest any more settings for me to change to play these files successfully?
I really love this player, but if I cannot play these files I will have to send it back.
Thanks in advance.
debug log (wiki)
Hello,

I have installed XBMC 13.1 on 2 Fire TVs and its working great ! Recently I noticed that +30 skip or a long jump does not work. The little OSD shows 0 skip and the video resets it self to the start or to the position where I started skipping from. Is this a know thing ? I noticed this on MP4 Files so far. Is this related to my files or something in the current build ?
Running since XBMP
I am not sure if I should post this in this thread or skins. But...

I have had XBMC on my PC. I love the way it works and looks. I now have it on my FireTV. I can't figure out how to get any of the visuals to load. I have tried several ways and I can only get a list of my movies and TV shows on my NAS. Mounted as NTFS. I am using Aeon Nox 5.
(2014-07-27, 14:42)yozh Wrote: Hello,

I have installed XBMC 13.1 on 2 Fire TVs and its working great ! Recently I noticed that +30 skip or a long jump does not work. The little OSD shows 0 skip and the video resets it self to the start or to the position where I started skipping from. Is this a know thing ? I noticed this on MP4 Files so far. Is this related to my files or something in the current build ?

I noticed that too yesterday when I was testing out my audio and was playing parts of movies over and over for about an hour. Then skip button reset the movies from start and won't go futher pass 5 minute mark. Anyway, I just reboot the Fire TV and it works fine now.

Another odd thing I noticed recently is a loud, high pitch static pop whenever a video starts to play. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. The only changes recently are the Fire TV firmware and remote firmware.
  • 261(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Amazon Fire TV for XBMC10